IGNORED

HLS30-00854 on Craigslist

moonpup

I think it's hard to say from the pics. The driver door looks rusted out. The hood has lots of surface rust but might be OK. It's going to take a Bobcat to excavate all the dirt on the car, but it should provide a few inches of good topsoil for some lucky person's lawn.

I think it's hard to say from the pics. The driver door looks rusted out. The hood has lots of surface rust but might be OK. It's going to take a Bobcat to excavate all the dirt on the car, but it should provide a few inches of good topsoil for some lucky person's lawn.

LOL Good one.

I'll say it needs some TLC, or is a TLC, TOTALLY LOST CAUSE. I wouldn't give $180.00 for that POS, this car likely is a poster child for "where to look for common rust areas on a HLS30".

Is that right, you wouldn't give $180 for it? Have you seen this car in person and gone over it from top to bottom? I didn't think so! :finger:

Does it still have the 2400 valve cover or maybe an uncracked early dash or how bout a set of sweet taillights? Could it have the original drip pan, metal fan shroud, early ashtray or pristine heater control panel still in it?

If I were you, I wouldn't be so quick to write off a potential gold mine based on just a couple of pictures. Or better yet, keep doing just that so the rest of us can grab these before you do! :cool:

If you are looking to part the car out and make a little cash, $150 is a good number. By the time you haul it home, strip it down, assess the parts you can sell, scrap the junk, market the goodies, deal with all the questions, package and ship the stuff that DOES sell, and so on, your gold mine still isn't WORTH $1800.

Judging from the fact that the owner isn't even willing to hose the thing off, the fact that the windows are open in that barn environment, the fact that the car looks to have been left that way for a decade or more, I would think it a streatch to call it a gold mine. Not even worth a look with such a high number attached.

5thhorsemann, My thread on this car is directed to those individuals interested in getting their hands on an early 240Z to restore or those who already have one but are looking for those hard to find early parts, hence the title "HLS30-00854 on Craigslist".

For these individuals, this car is a potential gold mine even at $1,800 (assuming you can't talk the owner down).

I guess if you don't fall in those categories, it's best you move on........:rolleyes:

So let me get this strait, you went and looked at the car, that's how you got the SN for the thread heading, correct? So since you've seen it and, I assume, did some inspection, please share your observations as to it's condition. The guys looking for the build date specific cars, know when this car was produced based on the 00854 number. As a parts car, even a Dec. 69 car, I still would not go to check it out, using that add as a basis to decide, for the reasons I mentioned above. It's been my experience that sellers that post add's with filthy barn cars and high prices are selling just that, filthy barn cars with inflated values.