IGNORED

The great TEXAS Z Car (and foreign Car) rally - 2011

Zedyone_kenobi

WOW!-- we've been offline for awhile, and this sounds like a fantastic event.

It's something Kathy and I would love to attend, especially since I used to live in Belton.

But as the gentleman from MD said, it's a little far for us to travel, this time around.

If the T-shirt is "flamboyant" enough, maybe we could capture an XL for the collection.

I used the term "flamboyant." I agree with the above posts which cited many events

nowadays in which a nice early original, whether restored or not, is practically ignored;

while the newer models with the Lambo doors, 9000 watt sound sytems, and glitzy

paint schemes which make them look like they belong in a circus (or at least in a

professional drifting event), get all the attention and awards.

We have been contemplating coming back down to TX on a trip to share "Lucky 13" if

we could put together a sequential program of events. North to South down I-35, for

instance. As an example, starting w/ Cowtown Z Club, working down thru Capital, then

San Antonio, then over to Houston. But I'll be the first to tell you, 2000 miles +/- each

way in a pickup/trailer rig that gets 11-13 MPG gets right expensive in fuel alone.

But not impossible. Mad Mike Taylor said he would help me put it together if I was serious.

All Z Best,..................................Kathy & Rick

Not sure if a lot of people woul be interested in this, but the local Austin area Cars and Coffee gathering meets the first Sunday of every month and it turns out that the last day of our Texas Rally event will be on the first Sunday in December.

I have been to it a couple of times and have met some really cool people and have seen some pretty neat cars as well. It's held in downtown Leander and so its about a 20 minute ride from my house. I mapped the distance from Fredericksburg to Leander and it's just under 100 miles, but for those coming back to Austin or heading home to Dallas it could be a pretty nice ride to end the event. It would also be pretty cool to have a caravan of 5-6 Z's (or more) show up to this as usually I am the only one in a Z out of a few hundred cars. That would be quite a showing! Not sure how conducive this might be to our friends from Houston, as I think it in in the wrong direction, but it would still be neat if we could show up as a group.

In any case, really starting to look forward to this and meeting everyone face to face.

Mike.

Not sure if a lot of people woul be interested in this, but the local Austin area Cars and Coffee gathering meets the first Sunday of every month and it turns out that the last day of our Texas Rally event will be on the first Sunday in December.

I have been to it a couple of times and have met some really cool people and have seen some pretty neat cars as well. It's held in downtown Leander and so its about a 20 minute ride from my house. I mapped the distance from Fredericksburg to Leander and it's just under 100 miles, but for those coming back to Austin or heading home to Dallas it could be a pretty nice ride to end the event. It would also be pretty cool to have a caravan of 5-6 Z's (or more) show up to this as usually I am the only one in a Z out of a few hundred cars. That would be quite a showing! Not sure how conducive this might be to our friends from Houston, as I think it in in the wrong direction, but it would still be neat if we could show up as a group.

In any case, really starting to look forward to this and meeting everyone face to face.

Mike.

I will most likely be able to swing by the Austin C&C on my way back to Dallas. What time would we need to leave Fredericksburg Sunday?

Chase

I think that officially Cars & Coffee starts around noon, but a lot of people start rolling in earlier than that so they can get a reasonable place to park or congegrate with other similar car models. They are pretty well organized and usually have spots reserved for the more common models or at least major brands (like Mopar). If there were going to be multiple Z's it would be great if we could all be together.

So if we wanted to be there around 11:00 to 11:30 I suspect that we would have to leave Fredericksburg at 9:00 or 9:30. It's about 100 miles and depending on road conditions, etc that would be ample time to get there. Nort sure what exactly is planned for Sunday AM, so this may be a little early for some.

Mike.

The great texas Z rally now brought to you by Z Therapy!

THats right, we now have a sponsor. I want to send out a public thank you for ZTHERAPY!!

They were kind enough to donate several Just SU's DVD's to this cruise as prize handouts.

Folks that is just a classy thing do to. They volunteered those DVD's as door prizes, and that to me shows how much they support our little classic Z club.

I have seldom found a vendor so interested in making its current and potential customers so happy.

THanks ZTHERAPY, you are a very class act!

I have a few designs I am looking at and getting prices on, but I have having a heck of a hard time finding somebody that will produce a small quantity without charging me over 20 bucks a shirt. I do not mind making the initial outlay of money if I know I can at least break even.

How much would you guys be willing to pay for a Datsun shirt if it had this on the front left pocket:

post-16285-14150816859377_thumb.jpg