IGNORED

Konig Rewinds - Gunmetal Vs. Graphite?

BadDog

Here you go, there's one or two in my album:

attachment.php?attachmentid=45817&d=1307074411

During my commmute this AM, it was far less windy out. The steering definitely feels more responsive than the old 215/60/14 setup, whether I hark back to my old Firehawks or more recently those darn BFG Radial T/A *BALLOONS* I'm still getting a feel for the tires. Turn-in seems much better, steering effort is very good, even when compared to driving around with 175/75(?)/14's on the stock steelies for the last 3 weeks. Ride quality is quite good as well...

Edited by BadDog

I probably missed it, but what tire size did you go with? I only see the 16x7 rims size and your old 14" tire size. Yours appear really tucked-in compared to my 225/50R16 Hankooks on zero offset 16x7 Panasports. Do you have any rubbing front or rear?

Your rims and tires look great BTW. Nice choice!

Edited by Jeff G 78

I've seen the 16X7 size for sale with these color names listed seemingly interchangeably. The Konig site lists only Graphite. Are they one in the same?

I've seen pictures that show Graphite as a lighter grey, and the few Gunmetal pictures seem darker, which I like.

I got gunmetal for my 920 Safari Gold car.

Thanks!

Sorry, 205/55/16 Falken Ziex ZE-912

My old 215 Firehawks didn't rub anywhere, but same size Radial T/A's rubbed EVERYWHERE.

These don't rub in the back at all, and only a little in the front.

BadDog: your new wheels are perfect w/ the silver car & black stripes. Love working shades of grey. If you didn't have the rocker stripes I would love to see graphite ghost stripes considered down center.

Andy- Yeah, I really wanted some Sumitomo HTR 200's or their HTRZ's, but Discount Tire Direct didn't carry them (I've had great experience with Sumis in the past). I think these are a good compromise for me though. I don't track my car, and they seem to have a good combination of sporty handing yet good ride and noise control.

The are asymmetrical (the sidewalls are labeled "outside" and "inside") but just not unidirectional (no "rotation" markings).

Venus -Thanks, that's what I was thinking when I decided to go with these: dark wheel with deep, polished lip, offset by the silver and black. I really liked the look of my old wheels, but the lack of decent tire choices the last few years sealed the deal for me.

I have indeed thought about what other stripes /accents I would do if I didn't have the side stripes. Might be something to expiriment with some day via custom-cut vinyl graphics before committing it to paint :)

Yeah that's partly why I like them so much. I can rotate them properly. I believe the 18s I have are a V rated tire with a good tread life warranty... 45k? can't remember but that's plenty for me with the performance they bring. I watched my friend tear up the track on his 912's and they've handled the rain well on my car, they really are a great tire. I have the General Exclaim UHP summer tires on my Z. They've been awesome

:beer: