IGNORED

Now Braided Brake Master Vacuum Hose available for 240Z.

esprist

Randy, I thought that white ring was a piece of cloth tape - I guess I'll need to look at mine a bit closer. Can't tell for certain from this close-up, and don't have the car with me today.

post-8596-14150814736882_thumb.jpg

As far as I know, Series 1 has vacuum inlet coming out at bottom of Air tube. Series 2 have the same hole but pluged. And It has another inlet at the top.

esprist, I just mention this just for informational purposes, and as the original owner of one of the last series 1 cars made in 1/71. I have seen a number of series 1 cars made in 1971 with the mastervac hose from check valve to air intake manifold fastened at the top of the intake air manifold, and not the end of the manifold as is the case with early series 1 cars.

Just an observation and point of interest, and perhaps others with original late model series 1 cars might comment with there build date and vin #.

Your contributions and efforts to provide high quality parts is much appreciated. Thanks

Dan

Arne. You are correct. After 40+ years the tape on my hose disintegrated and some melted into the weave. I thought it was paint, but after speaking with Jay last evening he also informed me that it was tape. Mystery solved. Thanks Arne.

Thank you guys for all your valuable info.

Well, originally when we thought of producing them, we were going to make Series 1 hose, so you could use it for Series 2. Series 2 (and Late series 1) intake has a plug on the side so you could fit the early hose right there if you swap the inlet. On the other hand, Series 1 intake doe not have inlet hole or plug at the top. More money for us, but it will look correct. Series 1 hose will be out this summer!!!!! Tsunami had delayed many of our production line.....Oh well.

Arne. You are correct. After 40+ years the tape on my hose disintegrated and some melted into the weave. I thought it was paint, but after speaking with Jay last evening he also informed me that it was tape. Mystery solved. Thanks Arne.
So any thoughts on what type of tape will be appropriate for this purpose?

So any thoughts on what type of tape will be appropriate for this purpose?

Arne, Ive got some cloth tape tags that came off of OEM NOS Nissan braided fuel line. I would like to upload a scan of these from my PC, but have not got a clue how to get this scan into my photo album. REALLY GETTING **%$^&*@#$%$#$$FRUSTRATED!!!!! This new format just isn't working for me. Can't find anything. CR*P!

Well, got that out of my system.

Dan

Dan,

If you are trying to load a picture into your post, click the "go advanced" button on the lower right of the reply box. It will expand the text editor to include the "manage attachments" command. Does that help? Once you click "manage attachments", the new window will have an "add files" button... and then a "select files" button. After you have selected all your files to upload, there is an "upload" button.

Here is a picture of the E46 balance tube with the connection on the end. I think the e41 type balance tube has the connection on the top? Or both end and top?

post-4148-14150814745825_thumb.jpg

Edited by 26th-Z

Arne, Ive got some cloth tape tags that came off of OEM NOS Nissan braided fuel line. I would like to upload a scan of these from my PC, but have not got a clue how to get this scan into my photo album. REALLY GETTING **%$^&*@#$%$#$$FRUSTRATED!!!!! This new format just isn't working for me. Can't find anything. CR*P!

Well, got that out of my system.

Dan

Thanks, Chris. I'll give it a shot.

What-da-ya-know......It woiked.

These cloth tags that I have appear to be a soft, shiny silver, silk fabric with an adhesive on the back.

Dan

post-2148-14150814750109_thumb.jpg

Edited by AZ-240z

Dan,

If you are trying to load a picture into your post, click the "go advanced" button on the lower right of the reply box. It will expand the text editor to include the "manage attachments" command. Does that help? Once you click "manage attachments", the new window will have an "add files" button... and then a "select files" button. After you have selected all your files to upload, there is an "upload" button.

Here is a picture of the E46 balance tube with the connection on the end. I think the e41 type balance tube has the connection on the top? Or both end and top?

Thanks, again for the great prompts for my pics, Chris. Just took a close look at my balance tube and found "E46 JAPAN" cast into the underside. When compared to your picture, Chris, this would be found on the other end and opposite side of the balance tube. Needed a mirror and flashlight to see it as it is on underside as mounted in the car. The other difference is, it has both hose connection locations, top or end. The end port in mine has a threaded plug, and the check valve to balance tube hose is connected at the top location.

And, again, my car is one of the very last series 1 cars (vin# hls30 20419).

Dan

Edited by AZ-240z