IGNORED

WOW! my lights are bright!

rcb280z

You beat me to the punch on the 3rd brake light. I bought one last year (still havent installed it, stalled on my progress in other areas) but it is a great piece.

I did install the R/T mount though, worth the money and then some.

thanks Dave! A headlight harness will be on my list as well.

All right, knock it off. I'm humbled already.

This is why I do it guys. Every classic car has it's faults. Some more than others. I just happen to be fotunate enough to have learned enough over the years, to design and make things that help us along the way. It's basically as simple as this.... If I don't trust it in my own car, I sure as hell won't sell it or suggest to anyone.

If you guys, and my other customers aren't happy, then I've failed you all and won't do business like that.

That's why you all have access to my address, email and occasionally my phone number. I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible over the years. I've already met many of you and even had a few over for dinner. So if you're ever in the Neighborhood, Stop on my. Just email me first to make sure I'm home, and not at a Datsun Meet or something.

Dave

Here's an idea for the headlight harness-

It seems you could use it to operate a set of fog lamps or driving lamps? It would probably simplify the wiring a lot, as I don't think I can get any more 12 gauge wires through my firewall grommet. :classic:

Why would you run 12 ga thru the Firewall?

If you want the *Optional* extra relay for foglights, I do make a 3 relay harness for that.

The turn on wire is the stock Red foglight wire near the horn wires, on a 240Z. Then you tap that wire, connect it to the relay pack, and on the inside of the car, you find that same wire, which is already ran for you. Run that wire to a switch, and connect the green/white wire near it into the other end of the switch.

The Upgrade harness has the extra wires for the fog or driving lights come out near the horns.

It's that simple,

Dave

So I'm a little confused. I thought that Dave's headlight upgrade was only available for the 240Z. However both rcb280Z and Powderkeg both used this for their 280Z's. I have a late model 260 that I believe has the same wiring as the early 280's and so if this upgrade can be used on the 280 it should also work on my car.

How do you go about getting Dave's upgrade for the 280Z?

Mike.

The 2) 280Z owners above found spare headlight connectors of another 280Z (the white, round, 3-wire style) or had me make a Hard-wire version for them to wire into the car, after cutting off their connectors.

If you have a spare set of those, send them and $125 and I'll make you a plug in harness.

Pictured below are the 280Z plugs that I would need (on the left) or the 260Z plugs (on the right)

PM me for more info.

Dave

post-4921-14150815454785_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150815454341_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zs-ondabrain