IGNORED

bodykit

datsun-sports

Originally posted by mperdue

Isn't the Sunny the japanese name for the Sentra? Doens't look much like a sentra!

Sorry but I think the body kit is ugly. But I don't like too many souped up Z's anyway...

well then maybey you like this more??

the wheels are rare 7" *14 genunine minilite from nissan motorsport....

post-3174-14150792306962_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

Ohh $^!# yeah!

Finally I have something with some knowledge....

A Nissan Sunny.. wow.. definatly... something no where related to a Z car.. other than being a Nissan.

Lots of variants... B12/B13/B14/B15 chassis

1.6L SR16VE engine.... (has VVL- Variable Valve and Lift.. like VTEC but Nissan Style) and in the BASE models.. they have 1.6L GA16DE motors.

Then there is the GTiR Sunny.. an AWD beast with the SR20DET!

------------------------------------------------------------

In America it's an Nissan Sentra.... elsewhere it's a Nissan Sunny. or Super Saloon.

-------------------------------------------------------------

B12 Sunny

B13 Sunny

B14 Sunny

B15 Sunny

WHy is that on there... I have no idea.

post-4022-14150792953741_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

i think the kit looks good if your going for that kind of a look I personaly am shopping for one as well. Im not looking for something that dramatic. Im looking for something that keeps the round classic look the car has already. but look intemadating enough to make those kids in there honda rice rockets get a little scared. but im just a kid so what do i know?

Well as it seems we have revived the topic I'll add something for those interested in the little Sunny boy (Datsun 1200)...

In the early 70's Nissan (like everyone else in the world) was experimenting with rotary power. They used a 1200 Coupe (Sunny) with a 1.0 litre twin-rotor engine with a four-barrel carby. It was previewed at the 1972 Tokyo Auto Show and was soooo close to production... but then they decided not to make it for one reason or another (oil crisis?). This Nissan rotary engine produced 120HP, as opposed to the meagre 69HP of the 1.2 litre four cylinder of the standard 1200.

FWIW...

post-1243-14150793166204_thumb.jpg