IGNORED

[2011] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

• 3 weeks later...

Looked at making a locking gas cap for my 240Z from an OEM gas cap without modifying it by putting in a metal insert and running a lock through it. If you use a small key lock like is used on a car cover it will fit through a gap in the top of the OEM gas cap handle without modifying it at least the one I have does. See picture for what the metal needs to look like. The piece of metal would need to be about two inches wide to prevent the gas cap from turning and would need to rest between the back of the gas cap area and the gas cap handle. Might have to put some rubber on the door and the metal insert to prevent the lock from banging on it. Should work and be very cheap to make though not as secure as an OEM locking cap I imagine.

Mike

post-18366-14150816815424_thumb.jpg

... not as secure as an OEM locking cap I imagine.

Mike

There's no such thing as an OEM locking gas cap for an S30. However, JDM market cars came standard with locking gas doors (keyed to the same key as the other external locks) from the beginning of production. Other export market cars (UK, Australia, maybe others) also had them as standard equipment.

-Mike

This is what it looks like after the clear coat and before buffing. The car was sealed, painted green, and clear coated in about 10 hours on Saturday.

Knock it off Lee. You're seriously making me hate my decision to sell the green bean, that I sold last year. That green started to grow on me and now I miss it a bunch.

Looks SWEET brother.

Dave

Thanks Dave and Jeff. I was seriously thinking about flying up to Washing to buy the Green Bean Dave!

Starting to see more avocado-ish color cars. Chip Foose has a paint code that is close and Hyundai has a green which is a bit lighter.