IGNORED

[2011] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

pulled motor, trans, driveline.

got new motor on engine stand,

gotta order new floor pans. anyone have input on replacements and sourcing?

also, removed sorry looking side pipes via sawsall, with much anticipation and delight. goodbye goodbye.

Edited by pacemkr

My '71 dated wires have been in safe storage for several years now. I've been known to put them back on for shows...

And I thought I was the only one still running with the original 1970 plug wires. Dad said as long as they work, no need to replace them. He was a highly accomplished Electrical Engineer, so I'll take his word for it.

• 2 weeks later...

last few days

degreasesed de-ziebarted all door internal assemblies

disassembled and refreshed all lights/bulbs/sockets

painted grill and rear tail light finishers

installed taillights/finishers (all new ss hardware)

degreased de-ziebartes de-sealanted all glass

Fit rubber around all glass for 2 days to stretch and settle into shape

Today:

reassembled quarter windows

restored passenger front turning light

refreshed and installed passenger door mechanisms for glass,key, handle and locks

refreshed and installed driver door mechanisms for handle and locks

installed peel and seal in passenger door

installed custom firewall insulator

How do you like your wink mirror. Had mine for app. 35 years.
The Wink works great. I put it on in '76 and have been running it all these years. I only used one of the stock brackets for it and fabricated an end and center bracket to get it low enough to see under the roll (over) bar that I've also been running all these years.

The Wink works great. I put it on in '76 and have been running it all these years. I only used one of the stock brackets for it and fabricated an end and center bracket to get it low enough to see under the roll (over) bar that I've also been running all these years.

We had a wink in the race car for a few years and we just switched to a 17" panoramic mirror. HUGE improvement! The viewing angle is far superior and now we can actually see everything behind us on the track.