IGNORED

Banzai motorworks seat covers

Reverend

Im thinking of putting new seat covers in to my 240z. Old ones are quite worn out. Have anyone bought ones from banzai motorworks..? If so is there any pictures etc to show? The price is good, thats why im considering those. If i took my seats to local upholstery shop, it'll cost twice as much.:stupid:

Mike, Banzaii's owner, is a great Z man. I've had the opportunity to tour his shop, and it's incredible. IMHO, there isn't any need to hesitate about buying from him.

I agree if you have a question about his products give a call he, I have found him to be very honest. I think his are made by Seatz, but I'm not 100% sure.

I purchased a set of seat covers from Mike and they are top quality. His supplier is the same company that produced the seat covers for the Vintage Z restorations that Nissan commissioned in 1997. Mike is also a standup guy as the other posters have said.

I've seen them. To compare them to original, their are some slight differences, however I can point them out and a lot of people still can't tell the difference, they are that close.

The easiest to tell is the piping, their was two different size piping on the originals, the smaller isn't around. It was about .5-1mm in size difference.

Next is the seat pattern the vinyl pattern used originally is not available. What they are using is so close to the original that I'm impressed. The sides and back of seat are correct

Lastly the seat vents are not exact. The lip is slightly more pronounced, and they don't have a screen behind the vent, that you can't normally see anyways.

I only know of two companies that are actually doing these covers one is really good, the other lets not talk about them. I will let you know that the good company seems to have different quality control depending on the vendor so it does make a difference who you buy from.