IGNORED

Turn signal short under the dash???

dawg7

I somtimes take things apart in a plastic bag to keep springs from taking off to undisclosed locations. Also the shower can work if I close the door and put something over the drain.

That last one is a mental image that I just didn't need. :sick:

LOL

I just smoked my fuel/amp gauge.....don't wanna talk about it. ever. I need a replacement and a qualified electrician.

Yeah, you sure aren't the first to do that. I saw that in a car that was owned by someone who used to come around here. I made a shunt to bypass the ammeter and run the car until he could get another one. I don't think he did that, though.

As an alternative, you could replace the ammeter with a voltmeter. That would take makeing a permanent shut in the ammeter wiring and running wires to the voltmeter. You could just get the positive side from an unswitched source in the fusebox and run the negative to ground.

If you choose to keep the ammeter, contact Roger at ZBarn. I'm sure he could dig up a good one for you.

By the way, did you have the battery connected when you were messing around behind the dash?

Edited by SteveJ

I found a guage online and also found the small plastic arm for the hazard switch that I lost earlier!! yeah!!! things are looking up. also found a used dash and console wiring harness that from the pics has all the connectors and no cut wires. Not like my harness. Mine has too many cuts and splices. Hopefully and with a good check of wiring diagram prior to applying power there will be turn signals!

• 4 weeks later...

although some of this may seem obvious and you may have already tried it, just let me list it and you decide wether you've done it or need to try it.

1) Is there Power at the green wire on the turn signal flasher? if yes, then go to step 2.

If no power then trace it back to the fuseholder (3rd fuse down on the left, under the HL fuses.)

2) Using an ohms meter, is the white wire solid from the flasher to the turn signal connector? (3 wire connector - white, green/black, green/red)

3) are the 3 wires good from the switch side of that connector to the actual metal switch plate on the turn signal switch? use the ohms meter to make sure the wires aren't connected on the inside (bad switch)

4) test the green/red and green/black wires from the t/s connector to the T/S bulbs at the tach. Are the bulbs good and do the brass center contacts in the bulb sockets seat in a centered position? and not ground out on the body of the bulbs??

If all that checks out. The green red and green black stay the same color all the way to the front of the car, so check the wire with an ohms meter after removing the front bulbs. Check to see if either of the 2 wires are grounded.

The G/R and G/B also go to the hazard switch. check between the t/s switch and the hazard switch for shorts or grounds. Always unplug the switches while checking for bad wires. They also stay the same color all the way to the rear. Check those bulbs and sockets as well.

The only thing I can think of after going thru all this is that the hazard switch is bad or you have a bad bulb or socket.

Dave