IGNORED

240Z good for tall people?

6'7", 38" inseam. I've spent 10 hours in my Z, driving from Toronto to New Hampshire. This year, I'm driving to Nashville. Awesome car for tall people. Unfortunately, other than the Z31, I haven't been able to fit in any other Z, including the 280Z because of the door handles.

Nigel

'73 240ZT

I'm 6'2"-6'3" but all torso (normal guy size legs) and 265 lbs...the list of cars i don't fit in is long...I fit fine in the S30's and the Z31 is positively spacious...

Happy hunting...you should be fine...

Nigel, congrats on your first post...see you at the swap meet...

Edited by bigoak

"Back in the day" (early 70's when Z Clubs were all called 240Z Clubs), one

of the clubs I was in had a member 6'10". Bill was a heck of a basketball

player but couldn't advance in that career due to weak ankles.

When I once asked Bill why a guy his size chose a relatively small car like the

240Z, he answered very succinctly, "because it is one of the few cars I can

fit in and stretch out in comfortably."

At 5'9" I found it very hard to relate.

FWIW, ~Rick~

I'm 6'4" @ 235lbs and fit good in my 240Z. Its a 72 with orignal seats. This is the best fitting car that I have owned. BTW, stay away from 4-runners.

And 2nd gen RX7's. I'm a shade over 6' and my head scraped on both I owned. I've never been uncomfortable in an s30, s130, z31, or z32.

I'm 6'4" and the Z fits pretty nice. I will say there's something to be said for getting a decent seat with some good support which may mean getting yours redone or swapping in something newer. As for legroom, there's more than enough, the only challenge you may run into is how long your arms are proportionally and how far back you put the seat in order to have legroom plus headroom and still be able to reach the steering wheel comfortably etc.

• 2 years later...

I'm 6'7'' and only 19 years old. I've always wanted a Z car, ever since i was in grade school. As I kept getting taller though i thought my datsun dream would be gone. But i finally bought a 77 280z, and the way i got my 40 inch inseam legs in the thing was to take the arm rest/door handle off. Whatever it takes to fit into a Datsun though.

This is funny. I am 6' 3" and usually can fit with plenty of leg room - that is until I refurbed my seats with the MSA Seat Foams and Leather Covers. Now I am cutting some of the foam away to get back to the original fit. My brother laughs at me being stuffed in - says I look like "Rat Fink" driving a Z.