The 20 cars that changed the world - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

The 20 cars that changed the world

Featured Replies

I've owned three of the twenty - VW Bug, 240Z, and original Mustang.

Let's play, "Who Can Top That!".

Dennis

I've only personally owned one - the 240Z. But I've driven 11 of the 20. Or 12 if later Jeeps than the one pictured count.

Edited by Arne

Funny how the '59 Caddy immediately follows the Austin Mini. Both those lil Minis could fit into the trunk of that beast.

I can claim 4 I've owned. the 240, MGA, Mini & VW ...

Edited by S30Driver
forgot the mini

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I've owned 2 close relatives - an MG 1100 (Mini Cooper's slightly larger brother) and an MGB (mechanically almost identical to the MGA). But I figure close only counts in the three 'H's - Horseshoes, Hand grenades and Hydrogen bombs.

Edited by Arne

I've owned 3, 240z, MGA & 1953 Jeep. Driven 7 on the list.

I had 3. My first car was a blue (imagine that) 64 Bug, totaled twice, once in front, then in back. Had 2, 43 MBJeeps to make one, partnered with big brother and lost big time. I supplied the money, he got all the fun. Then the Z. I know it changed my world.

Bonzi Lon

I have owned six. The 72 240z, 66 Mustang convt., 58 MGA, 66VW, Corvair, and the Caravan. Along with various others that did not make their list.

I had 2, the Caravan and My 73 240 Z. I drove the Z to 100K miles then took it of the road to clean off the rust and it was never finnished because my wife told me she was Pregnant and I needed the money fopr the kids. 25+ years under a car cover. I'm working on her now and hope to drive her again this summer. I miss and love my old 240Z. The Caravan was fun too. I lot of trips with the kids.

Am I mistaken, or is the 240Z in the picture the Franklin Mint Z (as in die cast model)? It just doesn't quite look right for a real car to me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.