IGNORED

What I did today

Mikez73

I got to see my car for the first time with it's new coat of paint. It still needs the jambs done and the final sand and buff. I'm told that by the end of the week it should be done. I also started it for the first time since I turned it in for restoration work seven months ago. The body guy has been starting it all along, but I just had to hear it again. Can't wait to get it back!

Last picture was my attempt to capture the ghost flames that are there. It kind of looks like finger smears in the picture. I'm not sure if anyone else will be able to see them. Then again, that's part of the reason they are ghost ones: added detail that is hiding until the lighting conditions are just right. I like them!

post-20361-14150810929903_thumb.jpg

post-20361-14150810930772_thumb.jpg

post-20361-14150810931647_thumb.jpg

post-20361-14150810932537_thumb.jpg

post-20361-14150810933306_thumb.jpg

post-20361-14150810934179_thumb.jpg

Last few days, installed new hood release, cleaned the hood latch and reinstalled, took off grill and loosened hood hinges to unjam hood!:angry: Fiddled with hood adjustment for an hour.Bled brakes and clutch, adjusted slave cylinder throw and clutch pedal (both out badly) Discovered what looks like a shotgun hole in passenger footwell! :ermm:(will post a pic,very strange)Will drive to work tommorrow:D

Sounds like the day from hell except for the last line.

MotorSport Auto.

They just started selling this item a couple of months ago in there discontinued items section.

It took a while for me to convince a cheap Dutchman to pay what they are asking for two bits of plastic.

Perfect fit though. Can't complain about that!

Casey

$63? Yeah...that's hard to justify for me too.

What I did...installed a 280zx alternator. Had another surprise. There is an extra wire attached to the harness plug. I'm just going to leave it alone and jump the wires per the how-to pages. And unless someone tells me different I'm going to assume that the condenser is unnecessary.

I tried a turnbuckle in place of the stock adjusting arm.

Couldn't get it aligned right and when I tightened the bolt holding the upper eye, the turnbuckle wouldn't turn. It was dark and bugs were driving me crazy so I didn't give it a lot of focus.

I also have the bumper and airdam off, and the radiator out. I'm going to install the aluminum rad that the PO sent w/ the car. Still on the fence about installing electric fans. Seems like too much work for too little return.

I liked e-fans on the z31 but mainly because it opens up so much space for intercooler plumbing. There's no space gain here. And unfortunately no need for an ic ;)

epsark...your paint job looks great!

What I did...installed a 280zx alternator. Had another surprise. There is an extra wire attached to the harness plug. I'm just going to leave it alone and jump the wires per the how-to pages.

Did you by chance get the adapter that Zs-ondabrain (Dave) sells? I just got mine the other day and am waiting to get the car back to be able to install the 280ZX alternator that Dave recommended. It looked pretty straight forward, but since I haven't seen mine for 7 months I'm not positive. I was thinking it would basically be a plug and play type thing. If you haven't got the adapter, you might want to consider it. May make things easier.

Thanks about the paint. I can't wait to get the car back and see it finished finally! I will post pics once I get it back. Hopefully before this weekend, the weather is supposed to be great instead of all the cool days, overcast and rainy days we have been having.

Mike, let me repeat my self, that wire runs to the fuel pump relay.

Chris

Wait..I thought you meant the extra wire on the starter solenoid. Or do you mean both?

I need to delete or bypass that relay because as far as I can tell it serves no useful purpose as the car is wired now.

And I'm seriously thinking about disconnecting the electric fuel pump and installing a mechanical pump.

epsark...I pretty much suck at electrical work but this isn't very complicated. Two jumper wires and solder in a diode and it's done. I didn't know those adapters were still available or I probably would have bought one.