IGNORED

Hellaflush

z4life92

imo to each his own.i like it but just make sure it functions
Why would you even bring this back? No one ever said anything to the contrary. You can like it. That's your call. MY MAIN POINT TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER WAS just don't come on a site where that sort of thing isn't commonplace and try to shove it down our throats. Edited by sblake01

Ok, let me help answere a question I thought would have been asked by now. Hellaflush is the term giving to the style of making your tires as flush and as close to the wheel wells or fenders as possible without touching it. Either verticaly commonly called flush mounted, or if tucked up and behind the fenders you still want it as close to the back of that wall as possible like the Z in question. This came to be most popular on Luxury cars such as Lexus, Alteza's, Infinities and the like. Most recently crossed over, in my view, to import performance cars as a result of the stretched tire craze. Far as the Rat Rod look the rules state, in that world of retro car guys which I'm also into, ANYTHING can be made into a rat rod AS LONG AS YOU FIRST MAKE IT SAFE. That means first if the frame is solid, the suspension issues have been addressed and the brakes work then you can pile on as much rust as you want.

Edited by WingZr0

Remember the rat rod guys combine parts from everything from a 1910 Ford, 36 Nash to a 1940's farm tractor then use a Buick nail head to power the thing. Magazines or whatever don't exactly list ever mod done on a feature car so assuming it's safe I like it :). If the thing was already rusted up before the builder started I don't see the problem. Remember rat rodders are inventors, not crazy. Besides, don't it look EXACTLY like the Fairlady Z that Jada Toys put out a couple years ago? I mean Exactly like it ;) ~Z~

Edited by WingZr0

From a purely aesthetic point of view, I think it's a very provocative car. Muscular and graceful at the same time.

As most have pointed out that it's all form with little to no function and I don't disagree that it totally screws up the suspension geometry (not that I understand them fully), but it just looks awesome to me.

Maybe the OP is a jack-arse, maybe he isn't but I've seen that car on other sites as well and it never fails to draw my attention.

i didnt know it was old considering it was on the first page.i wasnt trying to shove it down anyones throat i was just stating my own opinion.didnt mean to wizz in your coffee
Chill and re read my post. What did I say that would lead you to that kind of response? My comment about 'shoving it' has to do with the original poster, not you. To you I said "You can like it. That's your call"

Chill and re read my post. What did I say that would lead you to that kind of response? My comment about 'shoving it' has to do with the original poster, not you. To you I said "You can like it. That's your call"

Hmmm...when I first read your post I thought the same thing as Chachi since you used his quote directly in your response. After re-reading it, not sure how it could be interpreted any other way...(?)

Edited by konish

If that was the case I wouln't have mentioned bringing back the thread. Whatever, a person's meaning is easily misunderstood in print. Way too much time has been spent on this topic however I did go back and fix it to clear up my meaning and I promise I won't post in this thread anymore.:beer:

Edited by sblake01