IGNORED

Hellaflush

z4life92

Never new how tuff you guys could be on someone who does not have your opinion.Live and let live.
I don't think that's really it. I would tend to agree with your statement is that was the case but what you have here is a guy who tries to force his opninion on members of a site where most of his subject matter doesn't follow the general consesus. And he knows the type of answers he's going to get based on past incidents. He might even get some sort of vicarious thrill from posting this crap and then watching the responses. I don't know.

Yeah, modify your car to your hearts content. No problem with that until it is deemed to be a safety hazard affecting everyones well being. I can picture this car bottoming out and pole vaulting into oncoming traffic. I guess it's up to law enforcement and not us to make the call, if it is street driven.

CA vehicle code 24008 says that the lowest part of the body of the car has to be higher than the lowest part of the rim. This thing is clearly illegal by that standard. But let's face it, a lot of people drive technically illegal Z's, so that's not my main concern. My main concern is that it's so stupidly modified that it is dangerous.

What I feel is really dangerous on this car is the bumpsteer. At the ends of the suspension's travel the stock bumpsteer curve gets pretty extreme. I had my Z lowered about as much as you can with stock length struts and I took it to Buttonwillow Raceway. There is a big bump in the track right off of a hill running clockwise, and when I would hit that rise at the top of 3rd gear the car was doing an emergency lane change style maneuver because of the bumpsteer. This stupid car on the other hand has much shorter struts in it to get it that low, so it is at a MUUUUUCH worse part of the already horrible bumpsteer curve, assuming bumpsteer hasn't been dealt with. I think this is a safe assumption because the article on the car in whatever magazine it was in didn't list anything about bumpsteer modifications. I honestly think this car would be safer with NO suspension (weld it solid and drive it like a gokart or something) than it would be to have ANY wheel travel at that ride height with stock bumpsteer.

In addition to that issue, there is another problem I think is particularly dangerous, which is your floor pan is about 1" off the road. I don't know if any of you have had a compression fracture in a vertebra, but I have. It sucks. I would figure that hitting the part of the chassis that the seat is bolted to directly on the ground is probably a good way to get a compression fracture. I got mine as a passenger in a sand rail by bottoming out the suspension (which had bumpstops in it), so I can only assume that this would be potentially a lot worse.

Edited by jmortensen

Folks, my origins are from a Subaru sight, and this HELLAFLUSH nonsense comes form the younger more immature import crowd. They value appearance over function. Style over performance. They care nothing of heritage, history, and prestige. All they want is to be the latest guy with a 19 year old girl straddling their hood.

I have fought the good fight to end it on my old stomping grounds of the subaru forums, but I am called one of the 'old' members who does not understand the new generation of modders. When I read the posts here, I knew I found my home.

There is no room for encouraging kids to ruin good cars with style over substance. This mantra of thinking is why all the new music sucks, the new movies suck, the TV shows suck. Its all about appearance over quality. Its better to look good than to be good.

I am not a young man, but I am not an old one either. I am young enough to know what these kids these day are thinking.

To the original poster. If you want to stand out, make your car pristine, make it run right, and operate perfectly. THAT would be different. 4 years down the road, when all your friends cars are mechanically broken to bits and worthless, you can laugh as your classic Z will be running better and better and have actually GAINED value.

To all my Classic Z brethren. I am proud to be among you.

ok so first of all im not going to be racing with my car cause one time i loose controll thats it, the car is dead and second of all where i live i would not be able to get out of my drive way with my car being that low. SO to fix that problem i would install air bags. with that said the comments of it being ugly and not functional, hey thats why you dont own my car because you would do something different and i do like the cars on this site but there are many things i would do different to them, to each his own:bunny:

z4life92,

I agree with your "to each there own". You are quite correct. I, nor do any of the other who've posted here, own your Z. I can agree with you, again, that there are things that people have done that I like or dislike. I also agree with the one slip and the cars done.

See? We can get along. :)

However, my opinion still stand that I think a vehicle being dropped that low is ridiculous. What area are you in?

Please don't take us to be "haters" or even "old fogy's". I can tel you I'm neither. But you, in previous posts, have shown to have an immature attitude, and I think the above post is your most mature to date.

Even said, I still do not like that particular mod. I am not, and never have been a fan of cars dropped that low. Show cars, OK. But not for street breed daily drivers. Take it for what's it worth. I just don't like it. Air bags or not.

Note: z4life92 - be prepared to have some flak and negativity come your way when you post something. If it something against the general consensus, you'll probably get some folks who let you know about it. Also, if you continue to post as before, it'll keep happening.

ok so first of all im not going to be racing with my car cause one time i loose controll thats it, the car is dead and second of all where i live i would not be able to get out of my drive way with my car being that low. SO to fix that problem i would install air bags. with that said the comments of it being ugly and not functional, hey thats why you dont own my car because you would do something different and i do like the cars on this site but there are many things i would do different to them, to each his own:bunny:
You just don't get it, do you? Attempting to justify your point of view won't really help. Believe me, we do understand your point of view. It's just that you're on the wrong site for the interests that you're expressing. Period. End of story........ Edited by sblake01

i know my other posts in the beginning were awful. i didnt believe i did that when i looked at them again but that was when i first logged on and was really immature and i apologize for that.

and i dont know why i keep replying when i already know what you guys are gonna say, but i know now, someone had suggested hybridz and to be honest i like it way more over there. Hybrid was the site i was really looking for.:bunny:

You might try HybridZ but I think you'll get similar responses there also since, like I said earlier, you just don't get it. I'm also a member there. Their responses might even be harsher because they do hybrid stuff but they don't do 'rice' or 'bozo' stuff like 'hellaflush'. You can't seem to see the difference. I'm done.:bunny::stupid:

Edited by sblake01

oh noes. hellaflush has broken hybridz.

Database Error Database error

The database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

* Open the forums.hybridz.org home page, then try to open another page.

* Click the Back button to try another link.

The forums.hybridz.org forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

You might try HybridZ but I think you'll get similar responses there also since, like I said earlier, you just don't get it. I'm also a member there. Their responses might even be harsher because they do hybrid stuff but they don't do 'rice' or 'bozo' stuff like 'hellaflush'. You can't seem to see the difference. I'm done.:bunny::stupid:

Bingo.