IGNORED

Whats your Z plan for 2010?

stevef1972z

pick up my Z from my buddy.

and then... fix the fact that the brakes don't work...at all

rebuild the carbs, replace the cracked exhaust manifold, and get a new exhaust

replace the seats, either sparco's or corbeau's

etc.etc.

For safety, the fuel tank needs to come out and all the old braded lines to the evaporation tank either replaced or removed to the minimum, getting raw fuel smell after fueling. Have one hose plugged and one seeping. It will be a good time to see how my fuel tank lining with "KREEM" held up after 2 years of fuel, there are some nay-sayers. We will see. It did cure for 2 years before fuel.

Another issue is the exhaust system, for cost reasons it will be tweeked so it tucks up under a little better, maybe the muffler will fit better, extend the tip further. It now has a steel (rust) 6-2-1 header, when installed, the entire collector sits about 1 1/2 inches lower than it should compared to the rest of the underside of the car, the rest back is even worse. Tweek first, replace later.

Then there is always more...

Bonzi Lon

For 2010?

Once my hand heals...

Rebuild the carbs

Complete the AC / heater install

Fix non-working passemger door lock

Mylar window tint! (Thanks to Arne)

Complete wiring-up the aux lights

Wheel alignment

Stereo system install

Get 5-speed rebuilt and install a,ong with new diff mount (Thanks to Dave)

Detail, polish & wax

This will take most of 2010, but she's drivable now. Also have about 100+ hours of "catch-up" maintenance to do on my old sailboat prior to summer! Of course there's all the house maintenance & honey-do's... Amazing I have time to go to work to pay for it all!

What? No mention of all the work I'll likely be doing on your 280Z, Tyler? Like power windows, headlight upgrade, etc, etc.?

Just shovelin the crap T. you should be used to that by now.

Dave

I thought that list was all the work you'll likely be doing...Kidding (somewhat)

At least it'll get you closer to your 8 grand goal to finish up your 260z and doesn't involve brake fluid or suspension rebuilding. :)

I will putting it ALL back together - FINALLY after years of effort, I will get my beloved Z back together and on the road!!! No telling what the 'Debug' list is going to look like, but I am ready to go!! I am certain that I will be asking lots of questions (even if I have had a Z for 25 years!)

I'll play.

I WANT to install the balanced F54 block I have from jmortensen, and mate it to the p79 head freshly worked by the best L series head builder I know of....drum roll.... the one and only BRAAP!

I'll play as well. Funny thing is I'm in same boat as you are (but way ahead) I too have a Braap P79 head on its way. Still some little tricks to do and my F54/P79 setup will run (with triple though)

Next goal is to tune everything.

Next plan would be to review suspension: Sand blasting, powder coating, poly bushings, new ball joints would be next on my list.

post-15411-1415080948843_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lazeum

I plan on putting my car back together after paint, which includes starting the fresh motor for the first time. I plan to have the car back together for Z Con.

I also need to finish the Z- that is not mine- in the garage. I need to finish all the sheet metal work and get it prepped for the painter.

And lastly I need to maintain my daughters ZXT incase all else fails I can take it to Z Con.

Plus do all the school activities with my boy and go to all his swim meets,maintain a home, maintain the DD's, be good husband;) ect.........

Oh, by the way Steve, did you get all that sheet metal work done?

post-7622-14150809488909_thumb.jpg

post-7622-1415080948919_thumb.jpg

I hope to get my car registered very soon and take it for the first real drive! Then, just keep it pretty since I already did the entire rebuild last year :D

A road trip to the coast would be really cool too. I would also love to take it to a car show or two. :)

Edited by 1970Datsun240z

Im looking to upgrade the ignition, radiator, replace the fuse box, replace the dash, getting new steering wheel and shift knob, maybe get some clear lenses, and change headlights oh the list goes on forever...anybody have some tips on what ignition system is good ive heard both good and bad things about msd im running three webers thanks

Need to do this so as I plan on going to both NICOFEST and ZCON this summer plus 4 or more car shows here in New England and 6-10 race events:

Street Z

1) rebuild triples

2) install new fan controller

3) complete tune-up

4) dyno tuning

5) replace all fluids

6) refresh suspension bits (pack bearings, add larger bump steer spacers, etc.)

7) remove tail lights, clean inside, replace w/new gaskets

8) design, build and install front/rear tow hooks

9) build radiator shroud from nose to radiator

10) corner balance

11) alignment

12) clean, polish, clean some more

Race Z

1) build cold air box/filter set-up for dual TBs intake

2) remove door mechs and install strap to raise/lower window

3) install new foam in fuel cell

4) redo plumbing to pump and cell

5) install new muffler