IGNORED

Pay it forward!!!

Marty Rogan

Zombi, I suspect you've deleting the heat shields for aesthetic reasons.  (I admit they're ugly.)  Hopefully you have headers, and hopefully that prevents the commonplace hot restart issue.  However, you might want to hold on to the shields for a year or so, through changes in gasoline formulations, to make certain you don't need them.  They do help with the hot restart.

Fastwoman is right, keep the heat shields in my opinion too.  Just a couple of days ago someone said their PCV hose got turned to toast after removing them.  Also they keep heat off the plastic reservoirs for your brakes and clutch fluid, can't remember the thread.  Maybe it's the "Hot Start Issues, who has them who doesn't".  I think it's S30Driver who mentioned it.  :unsure:

Charles, this is from Performance Coatings web site...

Chromex â„¢ Ceramic Exhaust Coating  is the most popular kind of coating on the market today. This type of coating (metallic ceramic) is used by more companies and manufacturers than any other material. It is extremely popular on exhaust systems, where the high luster finish provides a very attractive, durable surface. The high temperature characteristics of ceramics have been combined with metallic frits to create a coating that can withstand metal temperatures in excess of 1300° F and provides 5000 hr. salt spray protection.

A truly unique coating that is based on a water/solvent system, it may be applied to a variety of surfaces and metals  such as exhaust system components, brackets, valve covers, hinges, grills, suspension parts or any metal part that can withstand the 500° F cure temperatures. It polishes to a high luster, stainless/chrome appearance that will not rust, and is especially effective as a hard protective coating for aluminum parts.