IGNORED

Poster artist

zed2

Does anyone know if Shin Yoshikawa is the artist who did the cut-away drawings of the 240Z at the time of the car's release? I have the dealer poster from 1969 and there is no artist's signature or other markings to indicate the artist.

Thanks,

Keith

post-7301-14150809035663_thumb.jpg

Wick Humble mentions dealer posters for the Z introduction with illustrations by Yoshihiro Inomoto in his "How to Restore Your Datsun Z Car" book. The first pic is from his book, but it looks like a mix of early and late features. The hubcaps look like the 72 and later version, but with a D emblem instead of a Z, the quarter panel emblem is the later Z style instead of the earlier 240Z, and the air cleaner is an early non-flapper version.

The poster you have looks to be the same as the "clairvoyant view" from the Chassis and Body Service Manual. Maybe that is the one that Wick was referring to, but he didn't have a photo of the correct one. I think I have seen similar copies of that illustration on posters for sale on eBay, but yours is the first version of that poster I have seen.

-Mike

post-9102-14150809036643_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150809037091_thumb.jpg

I get 56" X 32". VHS is 7.5"x 4" and the sides are 5.5 tapes tall by 9.5 tapes wide. Or something like that. I know I'm close though, give or take an inch or 2.

I still want one to frame and put in the shop. I bought 2 of those Datsun Flags from the CZCC classifieds. So this would be great next to my "Mr. K's Yellow ZG 2 page poster from a Nissan Magazine and my "Datsun Ad" with the #46 510 leading 4 other cars in a right hand turn (Painting)

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

I don't see a Copyright either, Makin Copy's any time soon? I'll buy.

What are the Dimentions of that?

Dave

Someone, somewhere, owns the rights to the artwork and will come down with both feet and a couple good lawyers on anyone who makes copies of the original if they find out. Trust me, I know from personal experience.

Dennis

As an antique postcard and paper dealer/collector for 20 years, the above poster is copyright by Nissan, the writing at the bottom provides the answer. It doesn't always have to be stated or have the little 'c circle' to be 'truely copyrighted'.

Copies would be at your discretion. Do you have safety shoes and a hardhat? ROFL

Bonzi Lon

However, following the link that Doradox posted, and the link on that page to the Library of Congress copyright page, there is a PDF that summarizes U.S. copyright law.

According to that document, the maximum copyright protection currently afforded is 95 years, so the good news is that sometime after 2064 the poster will enter the public domain!

;)

The copyright protection duration was originally only 20 years, but it was increased several times. Most recently Senator Sonny Bono, just before his untimely death in a skiing accident, pushed through a bill to increase the time limit on copyright protection. As I recall "Gone With The Wind" was about to enter the public domain, and Hollywood was going nuts.

As it relates to protection of intellectual property rights - as I understand it, property rights that aren't protected and rights not enforced - can result in the loss of these rights.

I wonder - does an advertising or promotional Poster, or Picture released for Public Relations, or released as a Press Release and/or given free of any charge to anyone in the public that ask for it - still carry Copyright Protections?

In other words - dose the word "release" as in Press Release, or Public Relations Release... actually mean a release of Copyright?

FWIW,

Carl B.