IGNORED

24 months of intensive restoration, and I'm almost done.

blakt out

Thanks everyone!

For a continual following of the Z, if you're at all interested, it might be easier for you to go to my website at http://www.jaredcullop.com/car-life/. This Z is on quite a few forums now. I will definitely post here as much as I always have, but I'll be posting on my site throughout my lifetime with that Z and more often. If you like, you can click the RSS feed for this page (Car Life RSS) on the right of the screen and just get an email when there's a post. From magazine shoots to car shows to blown bulbs and my exhaust leaks, I'll be sharing my life with the car on this URL.

It's just easier. I'm a web developer and I've got an app for my iPhone to make updating the site easy, even while behind the wheel! (At a stop light, of course!)

Jared

Indeed you have a lobor of lust like the rest of us enthusiasts. To me it doesn't matter how much you will have into it dollar wise when it is complete. I admire the fact that cost is not a factor, or so it seems, but having it the way YOU want it is what seems to be important. Do us all a simple favor though if I may be so bold as to ask on everyones behalf, PLEASE DON'T LET ANY RACING ACCIDENTS HAPPEN TO IT! No doubt some EUROTUNER will want to see just how fast it is. We all hope you get to enjoy many many touring miles tucked comfortably into the left seat. Remember....HAPPINESS is NOT just around the corner...HAPPINESS IS THE CORNER! Be Cool.

I appreciate your concern for the car. Don't worry. I'm a wise young fellow.

I really like your car and appreciate the effort you made to do it right the first time...a very classy ride. I also like how respectful you were in this response. You are indeed a wise young fellow as well as a classy.

Sweet setup my friend. Can you recommend a twin stack exhaust system? I've been trying to find a WingZr0 Spec ANSA Twin Stack Exhaust, but the only guy who keeps popping up cannot make it for months.

DOes anyone have suggestions for a rocking muffler setup?

PS - I'm also looking for new headers

Dov

Jared,

I dropped by the shop on Friday and saw your car sitting on the floor. It looks fantastic, the pictures are great but to see it up close and "gasp" touch it was pretty cool.

I spent 10 mins just drooling on your engine (Skip had a mop).

The interior looked like it did when they rolled it off the ship, very nice job on keeping it original.

Looking forward to hearing that beast fire up one day.

Take care,

Randy

• 4 months later...

Looks like this car is for sale now with an asking price of $125K http://bringatrailer.com/2010/10/16/blue-chip-1972-datsun-240z/. Its a nice resto-mod, but I can't see someone paying that much for it, even if that is what the owner has into it. I think if you pay a shop to build you a car like this there is no way you can expect to get your money back, but good luck to the seller.

-Mike