IGNORED

24th October 1969 - The S30-series Z public debut.

HS30-H

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/14/2019 at 5:33 AM, 26th-Z said:

Hurray!  My copy arrived.  Looking forward to lovely bedtime browsing.

I have got the book too ! Thanks Alan , you provided so much excitement to the book , wonderful pictures.

Kats

Edited by kats
  • Like 2

This study, if my memories serves correct, was made by Mr .Tamura and his team . Mr. Tamura had a several collage students to make this model , He was a supervisor, and let them lead the way , 

This car has a device that projects  the outside view on a cockpit monitor . Yes it has a camera . And the team put a TV monitor at the corner of this car to show its camera is viewing people gathering around this car .

Kats

177F14EB-E522-4668-A758-D566D88E9A0E.jpeg

Edited by kats
  • Like 1

@kats you are a great friend!  Thanks for remembering!

btw I picked up a radio delete so I just have to obtain some rear turn lights with amber plastic and probably some metric instrument gauges?

Does anyone know if early 240z euro specs had pressure in BAR, temp in Celsius, speed in kph?  I recall seeing a BAR or similar gauge at one time (hoovered it below).

image.png

Here is a 73 from Portugal with kph and bar:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by 240260280

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, carvad said:

How many Z432 displayed at 1969 Tokyo Motor Show. One or...two?

Here the photo from 1969 Tokyo. Pure yellow.

Found here:

https://4travel.jp/travelogue/11638925

src_66928309.jpg

At least three, if you count the 432-R.

The show lasted just over two weeks, and most of the major exhibitors moved cars around/switched their displays a little whilst it was taking place. With over 1.5 million visitors, they probably wanted to maximise the viewing opportunities. Nissan's circular rotating display stand and the 'Grand Prix' wall certainly saw some car switching during the event.

That's a great blog with some really nice photos. Thanks!

This might well be the same car, visible behind the Sunny in one of the other display sections: 

69TMS-107.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HS30-H said:

At least three, if you count the 432-R.

The show lasted just over two weeks, and most of the major exhibitors moved cars around/switched their displays a little whilst it was taking place. With over 1.5 million visitors, they probably wanted to maximise the viewing opportunities. Nissan's circular rotating display stand and the 'Grand Prix' wall certainly saw some car switching during the event.

That's a great blog with some really nice photos. Thanks!

This might well be the same car, visible behind the Sunny in one of the other display sections: 

69TMS-107.jpg

Yes that's a really great blog with rare period photos.

I mean the Z432 not the Z cars at all. All photos of the Z432 at the 1969 Tokyo that I have seen shows the orange Z432. But this photo with natural colors shows the yellow one. So,  two z432 were demonstrated isimultaneously n different places?