IGNORED

Previous owner saga

Pomorza

Pomorza,

Hang in there. Almost everyone has issues with the car. Don't get stressed now. There is plenty of time for that later. When in doubt, post pictures. It really helps sometimes to see the problem. This is a great forum to get help when things come up. Don't just take pictures of the problems, we like to see pictures of the entire car as well. Good luck with the car.

carl

Thanks guys for calming me down.

First off the wires was for the speakers that are no longer in the car. I know this as I don't have a radio and the wire went to all the cluster of wires associated with the radio. As I don't wish to have a radio I'm removing them. Secondly. The car HAD A/C. I'm in the process of removing it all as I don't really need it IMO. Thirdly. I will take a picture of said hole later in the day and post it. I'll be hard to see as I sealed it but I didn't really think of the whole A/C drain idea. Could be a possibility.

I'm pretty positive the previous owner knew about the hole as he redid all the carpeting in the car. Unless he's completely blind he could have seen a white piece of cardboard.

I've had the night to think this over and I'm not as stressed as before. The car is 34 years old so I shouldn't be amazed at what I find. I was just having one of those days where I needed to rant about people....sorry.

Jan

Edited by Pomorza

Can anybody check their car with a/c and see where the drain hose runs out? It's been a while since I had a Z with a/c, but I seem to recall the hole was pretty much where Jan described this one to be.

But in a senior moment, I could be getting it confused with one of my other cars.

Thanks.

Bob

Edited by bobc

Jan,

The pictures really help. For some reason I thought this hole was on the passenger side, but it looks like it's on the drivers. That said, definitely not a/c, but I still feel it's man made because I've never seen rust that high on a transmission tunnel. And still, no worries about it damaging the car either.

Now to your question in the photo about should something be connected to the round extension from your heater box. The answer is yes. There should be some black plastic pipes that run from these on both sides and connect up to your windshield defroster. I'm not totally up on 280's, but I pretty sure I'm right. To be sure, set your heater controls to defrost. If no air is blowing out the defroster on the left and air is blowing out the hole, then I'm right. or if there is a black plastic hose off the one on the passenger side, then I'm right as well. You might call the P.O. and ask him what the deal is. He was probably installing something there and took out the pipe at the same time the hole was made. If he didn't do it, he still might know what the deal is.

Good luck

Bob

Edited by bobc

Thanks Bob

I did do as advised and checked the air path. I turned on the defrost and found that air comes out of the hole. On the other side there is a pipe but it doesn't go all the way up to the window. Does anyone know where i can get this tubing or what its called?

I have tried to call and email the other owner asking him about what is up with a number of problems I've found, (like the horn not working) but have not been replied to.

As for the hole. Its sealed very well and I'm not really worried about it. In a few years I'll sand blast the car and have it fixed with a welder.

Thanks

Jan

Try Z car source:

http://www.zcarsource.com/

or Motorsports

http://www.zcarparts.com

One of the two should be able to help you.

It's the plastic pipe for the defroster. That should be enough of a description to get you started with them. On the one on the passenger side, it may have just come loose from the duct and need to be reconnected.

Best,

Bob

Edited by bobc