IGNORED

15x7 rota rb wheels on stock suspension

wolfez

Hello to all... I have a stock 77 280z with original 14" wheels and covers. For awhile now I am wanting to give it some new tires and wheels and have decided on the rota rb in 15x7 with 225-50-15 or 205-55-15 tires. I would have considered 16" wheels but it seems like there can be rubbing issues.

I would really like to see some pictures of 225-50-15 tires on a stock 280 setup and is lowering necessary to look right?

Thanks in advance.

I wish I had taken some photos. I installed Toyo Proxes 225-50-15 on 15" Konig Rewinds a couple weeks ago. I only had them on my car for a couple days before ripping out the front suspension. I can say that the short drive I took (about 10 miles) I had no rubbing issues at all. Plenty of clearance on (at the time) a stock, albeit worn out '77 280 suspension.

I can say that unless you lower it, it will not look quite right. I am putting on a set of Illuminas with Eibach springs. Should drop it an inch or so but Im not quite sure that will be enough from looking at it.

I can take a photo of the rears (once my wife gets home with the camera) but the front is up on jack stands so it may give a slightly skewed view.

Thanks- sorry to hear about the front end. It would be great to see the photo of the rear... the proxes are one of the tires I am considering, along with BFG g-force sports and GY eagle GT's. I am not opposed to lowering but at this time I would prefer to leave this car which is in great shape (60000 original miles) close to original.

My gosh those look beautiful! Love the dark color. I may have to sell my panasports.

Stephen, just wait until its finished :) 2 years in the making so far, another year or so I might have it worthy of a whole picture. But yes. they do look very nice, much better than the photo actually, I am VERY pleased with them.

Fairly reasonable to, I bought them from MSA, tires mounted, balanced, chrome valve stems, center caps and even their Z logo's...$1079 shipped from California to Cincinnati. You could probably sell your Panasports for that much :)

Thanks for the pic Mezzz...I also like your choice of the Konig's. Does it seem that stock hieght on 280's is higher than 240/260's. Looks like a lot of rear spring showing....maybe its the pic. Like you said, lowering should help.

I would appreciate any and all additonal pics of 15" wheel/tire setups on stock as well as lowered 280's. I thought quite a few of you were running 225 -50's and 205-60's.

Just before I sold my black 240Z, I installed 15x7 Konig rewinds with Kumho KU31 195/50/15's. The car was lowered with the eibach springs and tokico blues and I never rubbed once while driving. The wheels were 0 offset and my tires weren't as stretched as what you ar eplanning but they were fantastic just the same.

Here's mine after the lowering springs were installed.

post-15533-14150808322035_thumb.jpg

post-15533-14150808322654_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pic Mezzz...I also like your choice of the Konig's. Does it seem that stock hieght on 280's is higher than 240/260's. Looks like a lot of rear spring showing....maybe its the pic. Like you said, lowering should help.

I would appreciate any and all additonal pics of 15" wheel/tire setups on stock as well as lowered 280's. I thought quite a few of you were running 225 -50's and 205-60's.

This photo shows 15" x 7" Ronal 3-piece modular wheels with Bridgestone 205/60-15's on a 260Z.

Fixitman

post-16252-14150808323209_thumb.jpg