IGNORED

Genuine Barn Find! Help/Advice required.

mattbibbey

Alan,

Thankyou very much, your offer of advice is very generous! I'm sure I'll get it home and burst into tears or something but I reckon I'm up to the challenge, I have a dedicated and loyal friend base too!! LOL!

Five&dime,

It is an exceptionally small world!! Imagine the chances of finding my project twice in as many days! haha.

Matt

How do i make sure that the colour is like the original when i respray it at the end of the resto? I agree, the green is nice and i don't think i've ever seen one before. Is it a common enough colour?

Matt,

Don't fret about stuff like this. It's something that you can face much further down the line.

Any of the major auto paint suppliers in the UK will be able to mix the exact shade from the data that they hold. All you need to do is identify the exact shade of green and its corresponding paint code number in the Nissan / Datsun paint chip cards, and they will be able to identify the formula that is its equivalent.

Is the paint code sticker still present on the top of the radiator support panel ( near the bonnet prop )? If it is, it will help you - but they are often found to be illegible or removed entirely from most of the UK cars that I have seen.

It could be #113 Green Metallic, #302 Green Metallic or #303 Green Metallic. You can even get a colour matched from a sample ( like a tool box lid ) these days. Don't worry about it. I think you'll have other things to face first, like re-commissioning the mechanicals.

What's the chassis number, and the UK reg?

For what its worth, I think - long term - this green car looks more 'honest' than that red car you didn't get. I'd rather have the green one any day......

Cheers,

Alan T.

To add to Alan's paint advice: unless a very thorough repaint was done sometime in the past it will be easy to find original paint: up under the dash, in the spare tire well, under the console, behind the door panels, etc. There's a good chance that your paint is original so that will be further reason to keep it the same color when you paint it yourself eventually.