IGNORED

Genuine Barn Find! Help/Advice required.

mattbibbey

Hello all,

You remember me, I'm the guy who was about to buy a lovely 240Z and then they sold it to someone else! Threaders!! Anyway, I made this find and am bringing her home next week. She's been sitting there with many rats for company for the last 23 years so I'm going to need some direction and tips ( hopefully someone selling spares too LOL) from anyone who has the time. Really appretiate any help recieved.

Cheers all

Matt

post-18620-14150807932579_thumb.jpg

post-18620-14150807933302_thumb.jpg

post-18620-14150807933723_thumb.jpg

From the few pics it looks fairly complete and straight. Rust is always the big issue. There have been plenty of threads here regarding resurrecting cars that have been idle for years so you'd do well to read those for tips on safely getting it running again.

MikeW, thanks for your help. As soon as I know enough about the car i'll add to your registry! jr260z, I don't think it is but at this stage I wouldn't like to say either way haha. Thanks for your responses so far!

Mike, It's a great find no matter what, I just noticed your in Britain, so of course the steering wheel is on the right side. We're not used to seeing that too much here in the States. Good luck with your project, and keep the board informed of your progress.

Matt-

Great barn find! Congratulation!! There is a great book out there called "Cobra in the Barn"....it's a great read about barn finds, but I'm sure you're not going to be having much time for casual reading.

Once you get that cleaned up be sure to get some pictures posted, we are all excited to see how she looks!! Take your time getting her up and running and be sure to do it the right way. Be ready for a great experience!!........oh yea, don't worry about a budget, just go for it!;)

Mike, It's a great find no matter what, I just noticed your in Britain, so of course the steering wheel is on the right side. We're not used to seeing that too much here in the States. Good luck with your project, and keep the board informed of your progress.

Ah, so you did notice:)

Matt,

There are several people in the UK that can help you to source and fit that kind of front spoiler. Fourways Engineering of Borough Green, Kent are one that I recommend......

But the front spoiler is going to be needed only after you have recommissioned the car to proper working order after its long slumber. I'm afraid it is inevitable that you are going to have to work hard on the fuel and hydraulic systems of the car ( you might even need to remove the fuel tank to remove any sludge in it, and the fuel lines could easily be full of rust ) and many other parts and systems will need overhaul and fettling after such a long layup.

If you think I can help with data or parts ( I might have what you need, or know somebody else that does ) then please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Liking the factory green, by the way.

Cheers,

Alan T.