IGNORED

240,260,280Z drum brakes

gira

Greg, I bought 2 for the ITS car earlier this year from MSA. They had them in stock and were actively trying to convince Brembo to locate another supplier. At that time they had "plenty." If you get in a bind, pm me. I have some used ones that you might get another turning out of. Have you tried Riley C?

Paul

Sounds Good and Thanks,

FYI, the reasoning behind my question:

I have the SCCA Comp boards ear every once in awhile. I wrote a letter to them regarding the rear brakes of these particular cars being a safety issue in racing conditions. If you couple this with the non availability of the drums, we have a real point. I pushed for a later Z disc swap.

We'll see what they say.

Greg

I just ordered a pair from Motorsport Auto, assuming that they would be aluminum drums. I decided after the order to ask if they were indeed aluminum, and got a reply back from Jon McCarty that they are steel. He said they sold their last aluminum drums back in April, so there is still no source for aluminum drums that I am aware of.

I have the SCCA Comp boards ear every once in awhile. I wrote a letter to them regarding the rear brakes of these particular cars being a safety issue in racing conditions. If you couple this with the non availability of the drums, we have a real point. I pushed for a later Z disc swap.
Is this just for Prod, asks an ITS driver...Robert

Robert,

This is for IT. Prod already has rear discs. For the most part, any performance change to an IT car goes right in the garbage can. We'll see what happens.

It's people like you across the United States that need to stand up and raise hell about this because it's legitimately a safety issue.

thanks

Greg

Robert,

This is for IT. Prod already has rear discs. For the most part, any performance change to an IT car goes right in the garbage can. We'll see what happens.

It's people like you across the United States that need to stand up and raise hell about this because it's legitimately a safety issue.

thanks

Greg

Oops, guess I'm not up to speed on Prod specs, just getting my feet wet in IT. I'm not much of a hell-raiser, but I'd be happy to help lobby. Why don't you send me an email (robert at red-eye-motorsports.com)...Robert