IGNORED

What color wheels

Uhhh.......it's your car, so if you like it, go for it.

But on a silver car? Personally (as someone who sold gold Enkeis to owners of cars of nearly every imaginable color back in the '80s), I'd say no. I can't picture how the gold wheels would complement your silver car in any way.

I could picture gunmetal on it though....

I agree with Arne. I would go with the gunmetal or black color of wheel over the gold. I think the gold would look too "pimped out" - bling bling. You could also put in a shag interior and welded chain steering wheel. That would look bitchin'. :)

carl

I agree with Arne. I would go with the gunmetal or black color of wheel over the gold. I think the gold would look too "pimped out" - bling bling. You could also put in a shag interior and welded chain steering wheel. That would look bitchin'. :)

carl

i agree black ; kinda iffy on the gunmetal as it is really close to your silver car

but hey buy the gold panas, and send them to me :D:love:

Consider how awesome your car looks now. I really dig what you've done. Maybe you are just bored with it? I wouldn't go with gold. To me, gold would look marginally better than, say, green or red :sick:

Needless to say, I'm kinda fond of the silvers. See left

/___________________

\

-Adamr

Edited by adamr

Guys, I am coming from the world of Subaru WRX STI's. Gold to me is a performance rally color. I do like gunmetal as well.. but when I say gold I am thinking of something matt, and not bling shiney chrome.

1973_Datsin_240Z_UK_Historic_Rally_Car_Front_1.jpg

Gunmetal would work quite well too..

5a.jpg

HAHA, bored, no, but I am having a hell of a time finding respectable street/autocross tires in 15" rim sizes. I know if I were to get 16" rims, I can get more choices in decent rubber.

So the search for rims started!

That is the exact car I was about to post. My personal favorite Z of all time.

That is the color I would go with. Of course those are wats and the panasports won't look quite the same.

My vote is for watanabes in gunmetal with polished lip just as above!!

Edited by five&dime

So I just checked out getatrailer.com and was about to post the SAME PICTURE! It does look good. There are lots of awesome vintage Japanese cars. Worth the look if you have some time, as I do on my morning off work.

I know what you are thinking about. There was a picture I saw some time ago of a blue 240z that had the gold wheels and the car was rally inspired. I thought a lot about doing a similar thing with my own car. The problem for me was even though it looks great on a Subaru WRX, on a 240z unless you change out the chrome/stainless bits, it is too much of a blend of colors. There's the silver paint, the chrome bumpers, the gold wheels, etc. It just seems too busy. I would still go with a dark color. BUT, its your car so do what you want.

carl

Its a little ways off. Need to save up for wheels and tires. There is nothing wrong with what I have right now. Just need to let it gel a while. I will probably do some gunmetal with a polished lip when the time comes... more conservative, or just leave it the heck alone and just get tires... thanks for all the advice.