IGNORED

Very Stiff Ride

I will only run rubber except for the sway bar and t/c rod bushings. Eibach springs and Illumina struts (set relatively soft) are mounted. I'm running 15" wheels but have run 17" wheels in the past. The thinner sidewalls do induce more harshness but the handling is great. A set of Miata seats are also installed. Overall, the ride is firm but quite comfortable for what it is. It is a very small sports car so Lexus comfort can't be expected. A ride in any Corvette is miserable by comparison.

I've been suffering from a really rough ride after a botched rear stub axle replacement from a local mechanic. I suspect the rear struts were somehow damaged, either intentionally or unintentionally when I had it in the shop... It's almost like there's no control on the rebound for at least one of the rear struts. Rather than put my car back in their garage for something they would just charge me more for in the end, I chalk it up to experience, and a kick in the arse to get back to doing all my own work.

In preparation for replacing the struts and springs all around with Tokico HP blues and Tokico springs, I took my Z to the pay and spray and gave her a good over and under wash. Surprisingly, the ride became much more acceptable after the wash. Not sure what that means. On the drive to the pay and spray, the ride was almost unbearable - it felt like the car was shaking itself apart, but on the drive back it was maybe 70% back to the way it was before.