IGNORED

New 240Z Door Panels 70-73

geezer

• 2 weeks later...

... and they look GREAT! Thanks Jim / z137, that was an awesome thing to do for board members and I truly appreciate the effort. I know what a pain it is to get things coordinated and shipped.

Man, I don't think I've enjoyed opening something that much since I was a kid at Christmas time and got my first BB gun (oh, and the Evel Knievel stunt cycle :D )

Yes I know and emailed him ( our friend Datsun Parts LLC ) and told him about the availability thru Canadian dealers . He said , " If it's true , send me as many as you can and we can both make money etc etc. " Whatever , it's his right and philosophy on life I guess . So we all know by now , forget ebay and at least check dealers first . :bulb:

Ben and everyone who has now received the door panels, you are very welcome. Glad to help.

Good ol' Datsun parts... The shipping estimate on that auction to me is $200 US! Well he's right, the shipping is not $100!

And the sad part, someone will likely buy them..

How can reach that poor guy.....

Me too but are they only available in black? I need blue ones to go with the rest of my interior.

One of the members who works for Nissan checked on colored panels. No luck there, only black are available in very limited quantities.

If they were available in blue, I would be all over that. I have been looking for an NOS blue driver's door panel since 1998!

Marty

Gang:

The quality and service life of the SEM vinyl dyes, if applied correctly, is very good. With these panels being "new" I would expect surface prep to be easy. Black can be made blue pretty easy.

Matching the color is the skill part, but I'm sure it can be done with some experimenting and guidance from a good auto-paint supply company local expert or your own willingness to try.

I guess we'll wait and see if more panels magically reappear from Nissan Canada in a few weeks to fill the void once more.

Jim

Gang:

The quality and service life of the SEM vinyl dyes, if applied correctly, is very good. With these panels being "new" I would expect surface prep to be easy. Black can be made blue pretty easy.

Matching the color is the skill part, but I'm sure it can be done with some experimenting and guidance from a good auto-paint supply company local expert or your own willingness to try.

I guess we'll wait and see if more panels magically reappear from Nissan Canada in a few weeks to fill the void once more.

Jim

Jim,

I agree with you on SEM. In fact after a couple of years, I gave up looking and used SEM on an NOS black panel. The auto paint supply store matched the color almost perfectly. You could probably not tell the difference from the passenger side NOS blue panel that I was lucky enough to find. But there is nothing like a true NOS panel. The SEM has held up great for several years now.

Marty