IGNORED

National Z Convention History

Mike B

Denver in '96, not aspen.

The final decision for national z conventions is up to the ZCCA, but it is up to the individual club to put on a presentation before the board for a vote. Needless to say it is a lot of hard work from volunteers to even get to that point.

Maybe the portland and seattle clubs can get together to put on a convention. There are a number of conventions that had multiple clubs putting one on.

August 15-18 1991 4th Annual National Z Car convention held in Pleasanton Ca. I think I know the guy who took first in street prepared at the autocross:)

If anyone wants scans from the program let me know. Steve Millen and Frank Honsowetz were guest speakers.

post-1154-14150804801876_thumb.jpg

post-1154-14150804802084_thumb.jpg

Edited by Steve Parmley

Denver in '96, not aspen.

Darrel, it shows Denver in 1996 and Aspen in 1998. Is that not correct?

August 15-18 1991 4th Annual National Z Car convention held in Pleasanton Ca. I think I know the guy who took first in street prepared at the autocross:)

If anyone wants scans from the program let me know. Steve Millen and Frank Honsowetz were guest speakers.

Thanks for filling in the missing location Steve and for posting the scans from the program.

-Mike

Question - of the original Charter Member Clubs of the ZCCA - how many are still paid members?

Carl B.

Is that a TRICK question, Carl? If you know the answer, make sure you count GroupZ as 'Paid'...even though for the past two years their check has not been cashed...

And officers inquiries fall upon some dark mass in the unknown ether...

And downward flow of information has been...er...scant.

The better question is: Of those clubs that paid, who is getting regular communications from the ZCCA?

For real trivia, a good one is: Of those original members, how many have voluntarily not renewed?

When you think about it - it is a really sad commentary that a major automobile manufacturer was unwilling and/or unable to directly interface with their most enthusiastic customers. Just my opinion but I belive that kind of thinking represents at least one reason Nissan went broke. and is a very sad example of how not to handle Public Relations/Marketing.
You are definately not alone in that opinion.