IGNORED

Message to the GUYS of CZCC

Mike

It's a very different world today. Kids are adults before they even get a chance to be kids. Young women seem to have to grow up or become more aware of things earlier than the guys.

I'm a 39 year old "kid" who like to play on Xbox Live. It's amazing what you'll hear from some of these kids. To me this is the new face of the Internet. Like the disclaimer says "Online experience may vary". I've been to LAN parties and heard the trash talk, etc but it's nothing compared to playing online.

It's easy to join a group such as ours and ruffle a few feathers right off the bat. (Without trying) My first posts were about POR products were a great lesson. Sometimes you've just got to learn what kind of audience you're dealing with. This site IS the best place for S30 owners to share/gain information and I'm really surprised that more Z owners aren't on it.

Having women on the site is cool but isn't our group mainly guys? As such they should expect some of us to be a little rough around the edges. To me, a woman's experience on this site should be no different than if she were with us as a group in person.

2c

Jim

Having women on the site is cool but isn't our group mainly guys? As such they should expect some of us to be a little rough around the edges. To me, a woman's experience on this site should be no different than if she were with us as a group in person.

2c

Jim

The mentality is that the internet is like a masquerade party. No one really knows who you are so you can say things you wouldn't normally say without fear of getting your butt kicked or your face slapped.

Perhaps my wife is treated well out of respect for me because most of the guys do know she is my wife. I don't know for sure.

I propose, and I think what Mike is saying is that it is just as easy to be respectful and treat women on the site if not chivalrously at least like one of the guys... It is too easy an excuse to say that this is a bunch of guys acting like, well... guys. I hold a monthly event with Porsche owners and have invited Z owners, Mat and I are the only Z owners so far. Lots of times wives, girlfriends, daughters show up. If someone pulled that crap at the event they would be shown the door.

It's simple. Like Mike, I want everyone to feel welcome.

MEZZ, good luck with your science experiment but I can tell you that I have been here for months and had that avatar the entire time. My profile has been visited only 17 times and 2 of those were me... I don't think it makes any difference in that regard. I just like looking at my wife ;)

Edited by conedodger

I propose, and I think what Mike is saying is that it is just as easy to be respectful and treat women on the site if not chivalrously at least like one of the guys... It is too easy an excuse to say that this is a bunch of guys acting like, well... guys. I hold a monthly event with Porsche owners and have invited Z owners, Mat and I are the only Z owners so far. Lots of times wives, girlfriends, daughters show up. If someone pulled that crap at the event they would be shown the door.

It's simple. Like Mike, I want everyone to feel welcome.

Don't get me wrong. I'm with you and chivalry is not dead. You won't find me treating anyone improperly regardless of gender.

Think of each forum as a huddle of people engaged in a conversation. For the most part everyone should be practicing proper social behavior. (All forums except funnybone) When a woman enters the "boobs" thread however how can you not expect the tone to change in that "circle". This is an instance where guys enganged in boob talk should able able to speak freely. If a woman were to make a few posts of such nature to a thread such as "boobs" then she would be stamped as being "OK" to relate to on that level. This would mean no offense taken on her part. It doesn't mean she is looking for something or needs to be hit on. This is greatly complicated when a minor wanders in to the fray.

Edited by JimmyZ

MEZZ, good luck with your science experiment but I can tell you that I have been here for months and had that avatar the entire time. My profile has been visited only 17 times and 2 of those were me... I don't think it makes any difference in that regard. I just like looking at my wife ;)

I think I might have been one of them myself :)

I have had 3 hits in the past couple hours since changing my Avatar. It just goes to show that men will be men, its a genetic thing.

Edited by MEZZZ

Welcome to the Internet...:surprised

Actually, offensive messages long predate the Internet. Back 25 years ago, before the World Wide Web, when the Internet was a restricted network that connected college campuses, and a 1200 BPS modem was considered a mind boggling luxury, all the local BBS sites were filled with obnoxious people engaging in "flame wars".

Personally, even back then I had better things to do with my time than make people angry, but there are still people like that. (Even around here...LOL)

As for the ladies on this site, I personally TRY to never say anything to them that I wouldn't say to one of my teenage daughters.

But if I start to say things like "You aren't actually planning to walk outside dressed like THAT are you?" or "So what is it that you find so attractive about high school drop-out losers who don't know what size pants they need?" well, just smack me or something.:classic:

But if I start to say things like "You aren't actually planning to walk outside dressed like THAT are you?" or "So what is it that you find so attractive about high school drop-out losers who don't know what size pants they need?" well, just smack me or something.:classic:

Thats funny, you should take a leaf out of my mothers book.

she wont let me go out with anybody who doesnt have a 3.0 or higher,

and if the person in question doesnt have the grades, they have to work to have them before we can go out.

its actually kind of funny.

But anyways, I think the crossgenderavitaring is cool, I should put a pic of my best friend then and act like him.XD

but I just came back from youth group at church and today was HECTIC!!

The Z couldnt make it from my house to Valencia High (autoshop class)it died half way there and I popped the clutch trying to get it out of the middle of the intersection ( because thats where it decided to crap out) so now I have to replace the clutch. So I pushed it to a DQ and walked to class, told my teacher what happened, one of the guys had a pick up with towstraps and we hauled it over to the class.

we put it on the lift and when we all looked underneath, the frame was soooooo rusted...

but yeah, its still up there, we are currently draining all the oil out and I'm going to start working on it tomorrow!!

Heres some pics!!

car.jpg

rust.jpg

undercar.jpg