IGNORED

I found #1678 with 2400 OHC Valve Cover

WingZr0

R.I.P. :cry: (Rust In Peace)

If a Z is so rusted that it should be put to rest, I don't think a car crusher is a good idea. I'd rather just let it sit in the yard, with air in the tires and keeping it as clean of weeds/plants as I can, and just let it rust away in peace.

basically just give it a nice place to rust haha.

Glad you're not my neighbor.:)

I wouldn't want them stacked up in my neighborhood either, but there is a certain beauty to a Z returning to it's base elements. I've been meaning to ask Sailor Bob for permission to make up a 3 panel set of pics of the forgotten Series 1 he posted a while back. Great pics, that would look fantastic enlarged and hung on the wall. :love:....until the wife sees them.:mad:

Hey Ron - thats an interesting perspective. It creates a real time contrast to the lost beauties and the survivors. Kinda like a picture of a beautiful woman in advanced years - if you have a love for the object/person you will still see it's/her beauty. Very artsi fartsi, but real as well. I like it.

You impressed me today.

Hey Ron - thats an interesting perspective. It creates a real time contrast to the lost beauties and the survivors. Kinda like a picture of a beautiful woman in advanced years - if you have a love for the object/person you will still see it's/her beauty. Very artsi fartsi, but real as well. I like it.

You impressed me today.

That sounds like I have your blessing to hang these pics in a place of prominence in my home. I have walked hundreds of miles of old logging roads in our north country and have always been ecstatic to come across an unmolested vehicle that was driven intact into the bush as far as possible and simply abandoned. They are in various stages of decomposition. Not picked over, but 100% complete. I have seen dozens of them, mostly of the domestic variety, from every decade of the 20th century. Always had fishing gear with me and no camera though. The pics of this abandoned Z were "special" to me and brought back fond memories.

That sounds like I have your blessing to hang these pics in a place of prominence in my home. I have walked hundreds of miles of old logging roads in our north country and have always been ecstatic to come across an unmolested vehicle that was driven intact into the bush as far as possible and simply abandoned. They are in various stages of decomposition. Not picked over, but 100% complete. I have seen dozens of them, mostly of the domestic variety, from every decade of the 20th century. Always had fishing gear with me and no camera though. The pics of this abandoned Z were "special" to me and brought back fond memories.

Ron I couldn't agree more. I too, find the beauty in things you speak of. On the same note; it's like taking the old back roads/highways/byways and seeing the relics of forgotten towns or old gas stations and such. That's why, for me, the fastest way isn't always the best way when taking trips. Granted I don't get to it often, but I jump at the chance anytime possible and always take time for the detour and/or sudden stops along the way....

The unmolested past has a quiet calm and is quite majestic when viewed by

someone who can truly appreciate it for what it's worth-a humbling spectacular-ness....

Sorry for the mushy-ness, but I can really relate. I think a photo thread of this topic would be awesome....

Ok, you guys are getting to close to home...I took a picture of a copy of the Bat mobile in the underbrush beside an old cabin access road about two hours outside of Anchorage AK that fits this description exaclty-completely unexpected in the middle of nowhere, but thereby remarkably interesting to consider, look at, and contemplate...I will find the original, and post it, the copy I have on my desk has faded worse than the car I took the picture of...

About 15 miles further up ther road there was a Fiat 850-finding that car showed me that Ferrari used parts from the Fiat Parts bins-door pulls, license plate lights, and small trim...who would have believed what I learned on my first trip to Alaska?

Will

Looks like I'm flying one of our company helicopters from S. Carolina to Idaho in May. It should be pretty fun. 2.5 days cruising the country at 500 feet agl or so at 115 mph give or take the wind. There are lots of neat abandoned things to see. Going to have to bring a camera, and a GPS. Airborne "Z-O-caching"

Phil

I have family that live on the Tohono Indian Reservation southwest of Phoenix. My uncle has a 3/4 size reproduction WWI German airplane. He took me flying last December over the desert. It was interesting to say the least.

Aside from seeing the scattered illegals & the coyotes (the animals, not transporters), there were a LOT of abandoned cars out there. There wouldn't be a road in sight from the air so they were driven out there & abandoned. Some were burned, some were left as if they'd just ran out of gas.

We saw a white, late 60s Mustang just sitting in the middle of nowhere. Circling over it slowly & at a low altitude, it looked to be a complete car with flat tires & worn out paint. I can see how they'd sit there for years on end. There's no roads for passing cars to see. It's just a mass of land with no easy way for access.