IGNORED

I found #1678 with 2400 OHC Valve Cover

WingZr0

Hello Heloo ^_^

Jus found my lowest vin Z to date, #1678 !

I know it's not low as the low VIN Z's being dicussed currently but I was

surprised to find myself at a wrecking yard the other day going though

weeds and bushes then brushing off the window to reveal the VIN.

I opened the hood and found the 2400 OHC Valve Cover and dual carb engine.

Neglected to get the engine number though in my excitment :stupid: LOL

The doors were locked so no idea of the build date but it is a 4 speed far as I know with brown interrior and matching color paint sporting western turbine wheels and Black 240Z rocker panel stripes with 240Z lettering.

Overall the body is in pretty good shape for a restoration but the interrior is thrashed pretty badly.

Think I'll see what the yard guy wants for him to see if it's something to go on

my wish list ^_^

Overall I was pretty happy and felt like Indiana Jones LOL

~Z~

I think it's funny how people in CA will take a car like that to the junk yard. Around here that would go for ~$1500. I wouldn't doubt that car is in better condition than the one I'm restoring. You don't want to see what's in junk yards in NY.......:dead:

I think it's funny how people in CA will take a car like that to the junk yard. Around here that would go for ~$1500. I wouldn't doubt that car is in better condition than the one I'm restoring. You don't want to see what's in junk yards in NY.......:dead:

Happens all the time here in California. I collect engine compartment tags of the S30 Z's in the wrecking yards. My stack is a few inches thick.

There have been several series 1 but they were missing the tag. I have the door tag off 1397.

I found a 280Z in a junkyard in Northern Ontario once (right at the top of Michigan)...years of icy winters had rendered everything on this car worthless. The floors were perfectly intact but all rust. I stepped into it to check the glovebox and my foot made a perfect size 9 hole right thru. I opened the hood and it wasn't pretty either.

I bet the cars you have in your junkyards there would be considered gems here.

I went to the junkyard a couple of days ago. At the particluar one I went to there was a 72, a 73, a 75, and two 77s, as well as several ZXs and a couple of RWD Maximas. They were fairly well picked over and I doubt that you would consider any of them 'gems'. Well maybe one of the Maximas.

I went to the junkyard a couple of days ago. At the particluar one I went to there was a 72, a 73, a 75, and two 77s, as well as several ZXs and a couple of RWD Maximas. They were fairly well picked over and I doubt that you would consider any of them 'gems'. Well maybe one of the Maximas.

Maybe that was a bad blanket statement. But I have read of lots of stories here where cars found at the junkyard are full of parts and how its a shame because they're fairly rust free. I dont know of any z's in junkyards anywhere near Toronto that arent rusted through, and at that I only ever heard of two or three.

You said there 5 Z's all in one place! I cant even imagine that. There simply isnt enough of them up here to have that many at one boneyard.

And that's at just one of 9 junkyards that are within a 25 mile radius of where I live. There used to be more Z's. I've found three fairly complete 810 2dr hardtops over the last couple of years. And those are harder to find than Z's.

Post up some pics ASAP!!

HAHA, will do, I have to buy another Camera first cause the other one's busted!

But I did notice a couple 2 or 3 Z's had Vin and Build tags missing too.

The stangest one I saw was a fairly well off 260Z with no engine bay tag but had

a vin number which started of as "RLS30xxxx".

Can't remember the build date on it but it was a 2 seater 4 speed left hand drive US spec and believe the door jamb matched the dash vin if I remember.

I thought the RLS Vin was for 2+2 models though?

And the Z yard closet to me has atleast 13 Z's from S30's to

'84 280ZX T-tops, so many I took a pen and paper to inventory 'em ROFL

Just to moved to Sacromento, CA recently too and found a old

gas station/repair shop run by some Japanes guys with 1 240Z, and 2 260Z's with

one of those 260's being rather well kept and clean 4 speed with

flat tops, both had the big bumbers.

The other 260Z has a strange set of rims I never seen before that look like

a three bladed fan and panted a Blackish Brown.

No makers marks where visible at least from the front.

The coolest thing was the 240Z looks to only need paint and had a 5-speed!

When I inquired about them I got the old "customer car" rutine,

oh well :cheeky:

~Z~

Yeah, the car had Washington plates and with 10 year old tags, so

I'm thinking it broke down here in Cali or the "travler" just plain left it.

YEEAHH :DLOL

~Z~

Out here in rural Eastern Washington the junkyards are usually spread out a good distance from town to town. There used to be two or three first gen Zs in each that I had visited -- usually pretty well picked over. But last summer a company with a crusher came through and got most of them because the price of scrap steel had made them worth more to the yards for their metal than for potential parts sales. It's enough to make you want to cry.