IGNORED

Wanted: 240z in TN

ToXIc

Hi i'm from the Mid-TN region (Nashville), and i'm looking for a 240z, year optional but not the generation. Looking for a weekend/daily driver with little (and i mean little) to no rust. please email me pics, price and location to kevan_hosein@comcast.net

Buying a 240z from out of state is not out of the question, it just depends on the price because i'll have to factor in shipping/gas to the total price.

My advice would be to keep checking Craigslist. Actually, you should try this site...

http://www.crazedlist.org/

...since it will query multiple Craigslists across the country. Keeps you from having to search the Craigslist database for each city in your area, because you can do it all at once.

dude that bad arse!!! i always wondered why craigslist never had a general search..

What's the price range that you're looking at? Please don't take what I'm going to say the wrong way, I'm not trying to be a jerk or negative in any way.

The car in Jackson, GA that I offered to go look at for you would've been a wreck. That's why I was asking you if it were going to be a parts car. If you're really looking for a 240Z with very little rust, unless you're extremely lucky, I'd guess that you're going to have to spend considerable money in this region of the US.

I say this because in the initial post of this thread you mention about having to be cognizant of shipping charges & gas prices. Those two expenses should practically be ignored if you're looking for the "right" car.

If you're looking to spend in the $2000 range here in the southeast, I'd expect it to have issues. For example, it's going to have some rust, or if the body's in great condition, it's going to be in pieces & parts. My friend was VERY lucky buying a superb, & I mean superb, 280ZX for only $3000. But again, he searched for almost two years & was very lucky.

I can't give an honest opinion of cars outside of this region. I've never been car searching in AZ or CA so I can't say with any certainty how well those cars have or have not been preserved. But you may want to get in touch with someone out west because I would assume that would be your best bet to find the type of car that you've described. But I don't know if that would be outside your price range.

Believe me, if you have a prepared set of expectations, buying something just to buy it may not be satisfying. If I had it to do all over again, I'd have found a list of cars in CA or AZ, flew out there & spent a few days in a rental driving to all of them. Then I'd have paid to ship it back.

Something like that could cost you less than $2000 total, a small amount when it comes to finding the right 240Z that you're going to keep for a while. But then, if you're willing to do that, then you may be in the $5000 market, & in the southeastern US should put you into a different class of preserved 240.

Again, don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be rude or anything like that. I'm just offering my opinion.