IGNORED

Lowering information needed

I do not want to keep my originial dampers and springs. So i want te car to be low on the ground.

I have some questions, as i am still new to Datsun.

What is the original spring height front and rear?

How low can i go while stil using 15 inch rims with not that fat tires, say 215/50/15

I want the front to be lower on the ground than the rear but just a bit.

I don't know the exact length of stock springs, but I think you probably want to go with an adjustable coilover setup so that you can decide your own ride height. If you go real low you will have to section your struts as well.

If you search you will plenty of information on lowering your car. Here's a good start:

http://classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21460

I just changed out the stock struts and springs on my 260Z for a Tokico kit including springs and Tokico HP strut cartridges. Total drop was 2" in the front, 1.5" in the rear.

I am VERY happy with the setup, and the kit cost only about $350 on Ebay from seller jdmwerks, who I recommend highly (with the only caveat being they are lousy at communication). Great value. This will totally transform your car's handling if you are coming off stock suspension. Definitely a harsher ride, but well worth it (at least to me).

i went with a set of Tokico struts and springs also from EBay. the car looks alot better, and the ride is not too harsh. i did go back and add bump steer spacers to re align the correct height on the steering and that helped with the cornering.

you might find they offer free shipping, like me which makes this an even sweeter deal.

I haven't done this yet, but know someone who has, and have ridden in his car, but I like it a lot. He went with the eibach springs and the konig struts. Total over all lowering is 1", and it handles nice and smooth with a stiff suspension.

If you're talking about mine, I actually went with KYB struts.

Dave.

i recomend you to get the "how to hotrod and race your datsun" book, there is spring lenght, diameter and spring rate.

personally i would go for coilovers, you don't pay that much more and you get alot more for the bucks.

Chris