IGNORED

2008 Int'l Convention Sep 28 - Oct 3

TomoHawk

In movies, people used to talk about "Cleveland" as some kind of lesser place. We have downtown with its inner-city area, Little China, Little Italy, etc., and even the areas you'd want to avoid at night if you want to get home 'alive.' All that is just like any other city in the U.S.A. and things are getting better downtown with all the improvements, closings of drug-houses, and recently the Rock Hall and Science museum.

I think that having a successful convention is a nice feather in Cleveland, Ohio's cap...

BTW- Did you know that 43 states have a city called "Cleveland?"

thxZ

Edited by TomoHawk

Hi Chris ! Thanks for that picture. I was wondering if one of those would ever surface. I had an absolute blast at the convention, once I got there. The ride there was...uh....challenging. Fortunately, no rain for the 400 miles back home ....how boring (hehe). AL

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
haven't heard anything yet. still waiting.

anyone got a pic of the 240z stock winner and the owner's name?

There is a copy of the awards presentarion slides available somewhere online so you can read the names. If I can find the link, I'll post it so you can download a copy. There is probably a picture of the car on the convention photos DVD.

As for detailed information on each car... nobody bothered to write anything on the entry sheet!

You're supposed to get your copy, eventually (remember that ZCCA people are volunteers.) Usually it takes about 6 months :disappoin

I spoke with a judge or two (I "don't remmber who") and they told me that they would try to write comments on things, but there were so many cars to judge that there may not have had enough time to write much.

I'm wondering what I got points off for that wasn't even supposed to be judged! It usually happens at local Z shows.

Edited by TomoHawk

Paul Hollander is the Chief Judge for the ZCCA. From past experiences it has generally taken him a couple of months to do everything he needs to do regarding the scoring, creating the cover letters etc. Given the Oct timinig of the convention and the holiday season I would guess that he would have them in the mail very soon. But, I would suggest you drop him a quick email regarding your score sheets. Here is the email address that I have for him.

p.hollander1@charter.net

Good luck.

And the answer is:

1st generation Stock:

3rd Place: Larry Loftin

2nd Place: Charlie Osborne

1st Place: Laverne Burkhart

That's all I can tell you ZHead240. Classes were not broken down into individual models, so 240Zs were in with the 260Zs and 280Zs

thxZ