IGNORED

2008 Int'l Convention Sep 28 - Oct 3

TomoHawk

the Windy City Z Club...is dying on the vine...sad to say but its always the same people that do anything if at all and the ChicagoZ started as a forum of friends with Z's and G's that wanted something more than 1 or 2 events a month and a magazine...At chicagoZ we do events every week and weekend...there is always something to do and we are a bunch of car nuts that love our cars...little to no drama, modifying the Z and G like no other club I've ever seen...I was told by the officers of the ZCCA to see if I could form this new club into the ZCCA to get chicago the convention...:bunny:

well why wasn't that energy put into making Windy City Z Cub better rather than creating another club, which by the way is not a Z club with the mix of cars you have in it, that is one thing I have refrained from doing with my club, only Z's are members, diluting it for the sake of numbers takes away from it rather than add to it.

And I was a 350Z owner first so it is not that I am die hard old schooler and want to keep non Z's, I believe that a Z club should be for Z's, if the ZCCA decides to start including non Z's in the mix that is when my club leaves the ZCCA.

it will be interesting how many members remain members in ChicagoZ when it is time to pay up as you will have expenses associated with being a ZCCA member club in addition to the incorporation costs.

Edited by westpak

In 2002 when the first 350z's came into the USA...ChicagoZ started as a free forum of Z owners and G owners started coming in from other sites looking for a place to call home, most of them owned a Z or 2 in their life and we are a very accepting group of car lovers. WCZC didn't want anything to do with a forum, they had nobody to help run one let alone set it up...so the ChicagoZ forum grew to over 400 cars and WCZC has had its fair share of problems and people that didn't accept anything but a Z so it stopped growing when the Z went out of production in 1996...To tell the owners of the G's and the old roadsters(1600-2000) and the 510's you can't be involved in a Z club because you don't own a Z is wrong from even stating it....the G and Z come off the same assembly lines...the G is the 2+2 Z in most of our eyes...I personally have been searching for other Datsun owners to bring them into an accepting club for cars and people who are like minded...as far as what will ChicagoZ do for paying the ZCCA dues and fees...we already have formed a premier section to help cover those dues...

" And I was a 350Z owner first so it is not that I am die hard old schooler and want to keep non Z's, I believe that a Z club should be for Z's, if the ZCCA decides to start including non Z's in the mix that is when my club leaves the ZCCA."

well then good luck with your car club then...open up your mind, take a look around and tell me how you can be such a closed minded person with a car that is only a little more luxury than the Z...share the same company name, built on the same assembly line and still same its not the same...I've seen G's with Nissan and Z emblems...most of the ones in the ChicagoZ are heavily modified

Why bother calling it a "Z Club" if you have Infinity cars in the club?

It doesn't matter if you owned a Z in the past; it's a Z CLUB, not a club for people who owned a Z car. You're supposed to own a Z car, and should use it for the club events, especially Z car related events.

I suppose an angler's club is for people who know someone who fishes or fished once (like when they were a kid) instead of people who do the actual fishing?

thxZ

Edited by TomoHawk

"Why bother calling it a "Z Club" if you have Infinity cars in the club?" because the majority of the cars in ChicagoZ are Z cars...and the G35- G37's are made by NISSAN(if you don't believe me open the hood and look for yourself)... I could care less if you like it or not...we do have more than 400 cars in the club and it grows everyday bigger and stronger each day...when your "Z" club meets how many cars show up?? we get on average 60-70 cars weekend after weekend after weekend all spring, summer and fall long...

It doesn't matter if you owned a Z in the past; it's a Z CLUB, not a club for people who owned a Z car. You're supposed to own a Z car, and should use it for the club events, especially Z car related events.

I suppose an angler's club is for people who know someone who fishes or fished once (like when they were a kid) instead of people who do the actual fishing?

thxZ

Tomohawk,

I gotta say this, while I can understand keeping a Z club all Zs, Your Z isn't all Z! What shifter and mirrors do you have? Excluding all buut the pure bred means you should be out too! What do you do with the Zs with engine swaps, or seats from other cars...

Do you have a Datsun or a Nissan?

If you have a Datsun, it is a Datsun by Nissan-as It states on all of the factory literature. If you have a Nissan, Infinity is Nissan just like Datsun was Nissan-a marketing decision to use a different name-both used to difierentiate the brand from the Manufacturer-thrue, for different reasons.

Our Local club welcomes all Nissans cars. We grant them honorary membership-basically they are on the club email list, and are invited to accompany us to club events.

Will

thxZ

Tomohawk,

I gotta say this, while I can understand keeping a Z club all Zs, Your Z isn't all Z! What shifter(and boot) and mirrors do you have? Excluding all but the pure bred means you should be out too! What do you do with the Zs with engine swaps, or seats from other cars...

Do you have a Datsun or a Nissan?

If you have a Datsun, it is a Datsun by Nissan-as It states on all of the factory literature. If you have a Nissan, Infinity is Nissan just like Datsun was Nissan-a marketing decision to use a different name-both used to differentiate the brand from the Manufacturer-true, for different reasons.

Our Local club welcomes all Nissans cars. We grant them honorary membership-basically they are on the club email list, and are invited to accompany us to club events.

Will

Edited by hls30.com

OMG you guys are going bonkers! A G is NOT a Z in any respect; not any more than a Fairlady roadster is a Fairlady Z. Sorry. You lost me on that. A G is a nice car with the added advantage of Z-guts, but it's not a Z. Doesn't the Maxima have Z-guts? Is that a Z-sedan? Of course, I see no reason to exclude G-cars any more than any other Datsun / Nissan car. After all, Z people are cool with that. GT-Rs are cool.

My car also has Corvette paint on it, so I suppose that makes it less of a Z? DD class allows you to make most any kind of customization, but it's still got a 1978 280Z body, a 1978 280Z engine & driveline, and 1978 280Z VIN plates!

And you'll find the name Datsun on the car. ;)

You're not going to DSQ cars at the next convention for having non-factory speakers, or carpets, etc. are you?

Why don't you guys start complaining about the next convention. FYI, the car show is on a Tuesday. Maybe you can get them to move it to Saturday.

Have a nice freeze! :lick:

Tomohawk,

You also will find Nissan on the car-In bigger letters than anywhere it says Datsun-right on top of the engine!;)

I won't even disqualify a car for not being a Z-what would make you think any of that would bother me!;) Point was you were! :finger:

I saw the show was on Tuesday-the powers that be do not seriously want to grow participation-their choice to limit participation to those who can take time off during the week, and not make a larger event by making it more convenient to more people.

Will

I think you (and many others) are missing the point Will,

A convention is an event that you go to for the whole week. Just going for a day doesn't get you the whole experience. That's why the organizers plan stuff for every day for the whole week. It's not like the local show that happens on Friday nights so everybody can go, and if you can't, you just go next week to see the same cars.

The problem with having the car show on the weekend is that people would have to take TWO work weeks off for the convention, which means probably nobody would go!

Edited by TomoHawk