IGNORED

Sticky EFI thread, please chip in FI guys!

76Datsun280z

+1 on corroded connectors - you might want to spend a couple hours and trace every wire int the harness, pull apart every connector, use some deoxit or other cleaner, some 400 grit paper, re-connect w/a little dielectric grease, unscrew every ground connection (some on manifold, some on chassis) and do the same. nothin' worse than chasing intermittencies and other electrical gremlins when you have a bad ground or crappy connection!

besides being a good way to set a baseline, it's a good exercise to get you familiar with the harness, it's parts, and prevent a bad connection that would have shown up in the future...

• 2 years later...
30 minutes ago, WherzRoony said:

How about how much of that crap can be yanked off and thrown in the garbage, good ole 1975 pollution control.

That step is coming up soon on my '75

all that crap has a function, if you take the time to sort it out the car will generally run well, start easy in hot or cold weather. I don't think there are any performance gains by removing.

I would suggest you read how it all works, then sort it out. I have a 75 completely OE stock and it runs great.

4 hours ago, WherzRoony said:

I'm not really looking for a performance gain.  I'd just like to tidy it up a bit.  Does anyone know of a better, nicer rail system for the FI that can ditch the rubber hoses?

Get a fuel rail from Pallnet and get rid of the hoses 

7 hours ago, WherzRoony said:

How about how much of that crap can be yanked off and thrown in the garbage,

You can't think like this with the 280Z EFI system.  Just doesn't work.  The only emissions stuff of note on a 75 280Z might be the EGR system, for a CA model.   There's an extra ignition pickup in the distributor too, but you can't see it.

• 1 year later...

Very soon Banzai Motorworks will be offering 280 EFI charts in large 18 x 24 format. They will be laminated and make excellent Man Cave decorations. Stay tuned to their site at www.zzxdatsun.com. In the meantime they offer the same size laminated 240 wiring schematics for $13.50 plus shippingIMG_1939.JPG

IMG_1940.JPG

• Like 2