IGNORED

New to me

ta240

I'm not sure what kind of wheels they are, I'm not real familiar with wheels (included a better picture with this post). I will probably go with the ones that are on my other Z.

Think they might be Western Wheels.

• 1 month later...

I'm torn on the wheels. Overall I like the look better than the ones on my White Z (the car that will be going away once I get everything off of it that I want)

Shown here:

attachment.php?attachmentid=19145&d=1186460613

but the ones on the orange car are in need of a lot of polishing. They are severaly oxidized in the spoke section and I'm not sure if a wire brush would clean that up. Someone mentioned that theirs in that style were painted in that area, which would make brake dust cleanup a bit easier. Not sure about trying to deoxidize the center without damaging the smooth surface and then just paint the inside of the spoke areas, while trying to shine the surface of them?

Uh, those are not flat top carbs in your photo. Unless you have already swapped the roundtops in the time since your first post.

If you do have the flat tops, I'd love to have them for my restoration project. Especially the linkage parts. PM me if you are interested in ridding your garage of those terrible, awful, shameful flat tops. <grin>

By the way, I like your Fiat 124 you have on your website. I've always loved the clean lines of that car. My brother has a Fiat Dino Spyder, which is another cool looking Fiat roadster.

Let me know, especially if you are willing to part with the linkages.

Thanks --Bob

You would be surprized at what polishing compound and one of the Mothers Power balls will do. Look at my wheel. I had a lot of crud inside the spokes. I used some wire wheel cleaner, being careful to only spray inside the spokes. (I can't remember which brand but will look when I get home tonight)I left that on for less than a minute then hosed it off. The reason to be careful when spraying the wire wheel cleaner in the spokes and not on the flats is that it will take the shine off the alloy likety split. Even being careful I lost some of the polish and it required extra work on those areas. My spokes came clean and looked as good (well, almost as good) as the first day they were installed 36 years ago. Then I used the power ball and polish. After the power ball, I used a little elbow polish, about five minutes per wheel. Your wheel looks like it could benefit from this process.

And take the wheels off of the car to do this.

post-9967-14150801320924_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Uh, those are not flat top carbs in your photo. Unless you have already swapped the roundtops in the time since your first post.

If you do have the flat tops, I'd love to have them for my restoration project. Especially the linkage parts. PM me if you are interested in ridding your garage of those terrible, awful, shameful flat tops. <grin>

By the way, I like your Fiat 124 you have on your website. I've always loved the clean lines of that car. My brother has a Fiat Dino Spyder, which is another cool looking Fiat roadster.

Let me know, especially if you are willing to part with the linkages.

Thanks --Bob

I did swap out the flat tops and may need them for putting my white Z back together. I'm trying to find a cheap set of round tops to put on the white Z for selling it.

I can dig through my spare parts as I took a set of flat tops off a parts car years ago and may still have the linkage from it if you are interested. I'm not sure how the finish is on it though.

Its my Dad's Fiat, I haven't gotten him to part with it yet.

-Trevor

Home now. The spray product I used was Eagle One Chrome and Wire Cleaner in a blue spray bottle.

thanks, I'll have to give it a try.

Can I just send my wheels to you? That one in your picture is blindingly bright.