IGNORED

New to me

ta240

I'm torn on the plates. On the drive over to look at the car I was alternating between figuring it was way too good to be true and then planning all the things I'd switch off my current Z onto it, including the vanity plates I have on my other Z.

Then when I got there and looked at it I didn't want to touch anything. We'll except for the flattop carbs. I have an almost new set of Ztherapy carbs on my other Z that will get swapped onto it. I do think the old plates add a touch of class to it.

I'm not sure if I'll even be able to talk myself into swaping out the factory radio now. I've never been a purist when it comes to Z's but this one is so un-messed-with that I don't want to be the one to mess with it.

The drivers seat needs redone but there are plenty of good kits for keeping that stock looking (maybe with a hidden adjustable lumbar support added)

Man you sound like me with my red car. All these things I planned to do to my Z got shelved because of the existing originality of my red car. I've got a ZX dizzy sitting on my workbench, but the points are still working fine, so I haven't been able to convince myself to change it. I'm suffering with AM radio for the same reason.

And don't get rid of the blue CA plates. To get vintage plates on mine I had to register them as vanity plates. I'll be paying extra for them every two years from now on.

Other than the picture - are you going to tell us anything about the car?

Carl B.

:) sorry about the post and run. We had started out the day planning to go out to lunch and while she was finishing getting ready I was killing time on craigslist. So there had been no plans to buy a car today when I woke up, so things got a bit crazy for awhile.

It is a 73 (12/72 production date) with just over 101,000 miles on it. Haven't found any rust as of yet. Supposed to be original paint. It does have a couple really bad door dings in the drivers door. I'm hoping the dentpro (paintless dent removal) guy will be able to get those out but they may be right infront of the reinforcement so it may actually take a body shop which would mean having to match the paint :(

No cracks in the dash. Clock doesn't work but everything else seems to. Even the seatbelt buzzer (scared me a bit when it first went off). The rest of the interior is in great shape, very clean.

For having the flattop carbs it runs really good. Has headers with dual pipes going back with glasspacks on each. The exhaust is pretty old and needs replaced though.

And don't get rid of the blue CA plates. To get vintage plates on mine I had to register them as vanity plates. I'll be paying extra for them every two years from now on.

Condiser yourself lucky. In California, we have to pay extra for vanity plates every year. And I have three sets!

VIN 137,446

I'm not sure what kind of wheels they are, I'm not real familiar with wheels (included a better picture with this post). I will probably go with the ones that are on my other Z.

It's orange. The paint code is: 110

There is a sticker under the hood that says "Cyclone Headers" Anyone familiar with them? From a search online shows Clycone headers from Dynomax, but no application information for Z's that I could see. When I swap out the carbs I may look at replacing the header with a new coated one, guess its time to search and see what is good.

The rear hatch is a bit tweeked up on the strut side so I need to get it settled down and sealed better.

It is going to be tough parting with the one I've had for about 15 years now but it is fun having one that is this much nicer.

post-6558-14150800857966_thumb.jpg