IGNORED

#305 on Ebay

A few of those 969 cars, and some of their brothers and sisters that were born slightly later, are now some of the most monetarily valuable and 'collectable' Z cars in the world today.

Hi Alan:

You must have some specific cars and sales figures in mind. Could you report some actual sales figures (gross range will fine) - for the cars your talking about. It would be interesting know what a 69 production year S30 would sell for in Japan. Also, among the car produced later in 1970 what is the top dollar paid for a Z - what Z was it?

I'll be back Thursday...

FWIW,

Carl B.

Hey Will,

I just used the #17 story as an example of of how "un-rare" these early cars are. I was amazed to hear about it. At the risk of offending the owner, I'm attaching this non-descript, taken in anyone's garage photo. As you can see, it needs to be restored. A deal was struck during an introduction a few months ago and the car will be coming to a shop up in the Tampa area for the work. The guy who is doing the work is the same guy who did ZRush and the Scarab. He uses the same dipping place in Wauchula that I use. Thus the story. I'm hoping to see the body shell later this week.

post-4148-14150800664504_thumb.jpg

I need this type of intros! I will be looking for a low vin sometime next year, and if I planned to spend 10K on one, that bottle of the finest tequilla could be the deal maker-especially if it gets opened before the paper changes hands!

Will

I need this type of intros! I will be looking for a low vin sometime next year, and if I planned to spend 10K on one, that bottle of the finest tequilla could be the dealmaker!

Will

Careful...I know some really expensive fine tequila...

Hello,

When I brought my 240Z to Las Vegas 2000,I have got an advertisement of these cars next to the register counter.I still have it,there were so many Zs listed in it,our #51(10/69) with L24-002239 and #305(11/69) with L24-002514 too.

For me,if these cars still keep very hard to find items like chrome Z emblems,rare plastic small parts etc,which were applied only for 1969 Z,then I would consider to buy.But $5000 would be my best if I would buy for this rusty condition.

What about if there would be a flawless Restoration completed 1969 car, but it could not keep its original hard to find items?Replaced by easy to find later parts?I would not be interested in it.I would not buy it for $50000.

I want a 1969 car with non-restored and keeping all the original small items perfectly for $25000:p if I did not buy a Z432.

Alan,we are doing the same.I have been trying to tell the universe of the Z for Japanese people.They do not try to see overseas model.They(magazine) are always talking about 240ZG and Z432,I hate it !!

You have been trying to tell the hole family of Z. I strongly support your statement "S30" it is simple,it is core of the car.We just add ,HL,P,whatever.

I can see something has been changing.

I will start a good place we all have fun to debate about "before October 1969"

kats

#305 still sits with no bids at a $10K opener & unknown reserve....

5 hours remaining..... The 'free market invisible hand' hasn't gotten a grip on it yet.... Those last few minutes will be interesting (either way, bids or no bids).

No one is going to buy 305 or 51 at the number the seller wants. Especially if 51 isn't pictured. How does anyone get away with even thinking that some one is going to bid on a car they can't see in pictures.

Strange world we live in.

No one is going to buy 305 or 51 at the number the seller wants. Especially if 51 isn't pictured. How does anyone get away with even thinking that some one is going to bid on a car they can't see in pictures.

Change your mind from this earlier post?

snip . . . .

First I believe that 51 is more valuable then 305. Would you agree? Secondly I think the car unless it is beyond restoration is worth $10,000.00.

Strange world we live in.

Yes, strange world we live in . . . .