IGNORED

ZRush - sad news

26th-Z

Chris - I opened this thread expecting to see pictures of a bent bumper, a cracked taillight housing or even an oil stain in the driveway.

Vicki - I am still stunned as I write this. I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you. 43 is way too young....

Wayne

Thanks so much Z friends. I am heartbroken and lost whithout Scott. He was my best friend. Everything we did had something to do with Z cars. As 26th said Scott was jamming with his band and had a massive heart attack. Scott had always told me that he wanted to either go while in his Z or playing the drums, two of his most beloved passions. He was a good man and a great friend to many in the show car community.

I am sorry to not have notified our local Z friends but I have truly been overwhelmed. Scott had a large funeral with many show car friends. I cannot believe how many peoples' lives he touched. He was a rebel in the local car show community for bringing a "Datsun" to compete with a Chevelle or Mustang. He loved every moment when his "Japanese" car whipped the Muscle Car crowd.

Scott came from a large Italian family and they are all here by me locally so I am not alone.

The Scarab restoration continues as Scott would have wished. The car will be restored to a Museum piece and dedicated in his memory.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

Vicky

I know the suddeness of these matters. I lost my Dad with a massive heart attack. My heart goes out to the family. I keep living day to day and enjoying every minute of it. I have had a heart attack and a stroke. I just went through radiation, chemotherapy and surgery. I feel lucky to be alive. Enjoy yourselves, boys, because you never know what's around the next corner.

Vicky, I am so sorry for the loss of your best friend and Husband. And at such a young age. All so sudden it really puts you in a state of shock. You said you were near family . Count on there support. We mostly here are strangers but feel a connection and are saddened by the loss of one of our friends too. I am so sorry . Gary