IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

I love these Kobe Seiko wheels, 1 of the best looking wheel for an early S30Z.

Alan knows that I'm working on getting a set here in Australia... I'll let you know how that pans out...

Are those wheel nuts still obtainable?

19656963_1077076502423572_1990611219884951797_n.jpg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Gav240z said:

I love these Kobe Seiko wheels, 1 of the best looking wheel for an early S30Z.

Alan knows that I'm working on getting a set here in Australia... I'll let you know how that pans out...

Are those wheel nuts still obtainable?

19656963_1077076502423572_1990611219884951797_n.jpg

They are great looking wheels.   Hope you manage to get your set sorted.  Dream wheels for sure. 

At one point I thought an Italian company did something very very similar but I can't find any details.

• Like 1

Hi Gave,

I have got the special nuts from Yahoo Japan auction, I have never seen the other one at the auction, this is the only one which I saw at the auction 15 years experience.

I wish someone can make the special nuts and sell with a good price .

Kats

• Like 1

Thanks Kats,

I may need some of these wheel nuts in future! It would be great to reproduce them.

By the way is that center cap for the Works Style Mag (Kobe Seiko) wheels? I've never seen them fitted on any of the works rally cars.

Edited by Gav240z

Good question Gave, it is not for the works cars, as you can see the part number, it is for the Skyline GTR. 

The cap's color muches so well with the rally wheel, so I can not stop myself putting it on the wheel.

Kats

• Like 1

Horn pad emblems,

Only Z432 has a red "Z" , other models 

Fairlady-240ZG/240Z/Z/Z-L come in blue.

Both are made of metal, after summer of 1973 the pad became  to have a trumpet .

Z432 was discontinued at that time, so a red with trumpet pad was never made.

My ZG had equipped the red emblem until I was able to obtain the blue one.

Kats

IMG_2513.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2515.JPG

• Like 1

On 2017/7/5 at 1:41 PM, Gav240z said:

Kats what about the stillborn Fairlady 260ZG 2/2 ?

More info here:

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/14263-jdm-fairlady-z-s30s31/?p=190142

post-1-0-90966600-1490925370.jpg

Any thoughts about that concept?

Hi Gave,

Today I looked at the parts catalog for 1974 model, dated December 1973.

Usually 1974 model doesn't  draw my interest , but this time I learned many things about stillborn "Fairlady 260Z / 260Z-L and 260Z -E ".

First, not only 2/2 , also two seater had a G-nose . The cars which had a G-nose were equipped with a L26 associated with an electronic fuel injection system.

The "L26-E " produces 170 ps ! 

Fairlady 260Z-E and 260Z-E 2/2 were the top model of the line up in 1974 (when this catalog was issued ) .

260Z-E and 260Z-E 2/2 had these,

G-nose,

power window,

R-200 LSD with four pinion ,

rear disk brake,

stiffer spring and rear stabilizer,

And very similar air cleaner box as Z432, 

if my memory was correct, I would see the  one on Yahoo Japan auction. I thought it was for Z432, but looking at closely some thing different, as it seem to be mirror image of Z432's air cleaner. 

I could not understand what it was, but now I guess it would be a rare part...

Kats

IMG_2542.JPG

IMG_2547.JPG

IMG_2549.JPG

IMG_2550.JPG

IMG_2551.JPG

IMG_2552.JPG

IMG_2553.JPG

IMG_2554.JPG

IMG_2555.JPG

IMG_2556.JPG

IMG_2557.JPG

Edited by kats
  • Like 1

Very interesting, what a shame they never made them! It would have been good to get the LSD, rear disk brakes, along with the other unique parts you mentioned. I can't help but feel it's a shame Nissan didn't produce them. Especially the G-nose variants.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2017 at 9:23 AM, kats said:

Hi Gave,

I have got the special nuts from Yahoo Japan auction, I have never seen the other one at the auction, this is the only one which I saw at the auction 15 years experience.

I wish someone can make the special nuts and sell with a good price .

Kats

To make these nuts wouldn't you just need access to a lathe and an example to copy from? (Asking as someone who has very limited experience with a lathe) but maybe modern CNC machining and 3D scanning could help reproduce these relatively easily?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gav240z said:

To make these nuts wouldn't you just need access to a lathe and an example to copy from? (Asking as someone who has very limited experience with a lathe) but maybe modern CNC machining and 3D scanning could help reproduce these relatively easily?

you could make them at home with a lathe.  if you're anything like me it'll take about a week per nut.  Or take them to a local machine shop and it'll take a couple of hours for a set!

• Like 2

On 2017-07-13 at 10:28 AM, kats said:

Horn pad emblems,

Only Z432 has a red "Z" , other models 

Fairlady-240ZG/240Z/Z/Z-L come in blue.

Both are made of metal, after summer of 1973 the pad became  to have a trumpet .

Z432 was discontinued at that time, so a red with trumpet pad was never made.

My ZG had equipped the red emblem until I was able to obtain the blue one.

Kats

IMG_2513.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2515.JPG

Wasent many of the honrbuttons without the trumpet changed to one with trumpet to comply the "shakken" test, so a lot of early cars have the trumpet aswell?