IGNORED

Oil pan drain bolt washer

dimsum

I've been using a "plastic" washer for years with no leaks or other problems. I found one that fit rather snugly over the drain plug threads so it doesn't fall off when I do an oil change.

I have always been afraid to use those oil drain valve things because it looks to me they could get broken off or accidentally knocked open if you run over something on the road or even take a unplanned excursion through the weeds.

The Z has always been the easiest oil change of any car I ever owned. I can reach both the filter and drain plug from the top side.

• 2 years later...

It don't mater what it is made of it is a crush washer just get one the same size as the original, and check what the torque is for the washer it needs to crush to seal the surfaces and to tight and it can damage the mating surfaces.

I get mine from the Toyota Dealer they have these nice, ceramic nylon ones:laugh:. They happen to be the same size as my Toyota and they give me them for free when I buy my Toyota oil filter.

I just got a set of 10 copper washers off eBay. Good deal?....
Tough to say without knowing what you paid for them.....:) 10 of the OEM ones would be about $24.50 total incl. shipping from NissanParts.cc. Edited by sblake01

I have used this valve for over twenty years! It is a Cam Locking Ball Valve and it does not leak. Great Invention! I highly recommend!!

I know two cars we put that on. the threads were damaged so we mounted a valve because we would strip it out bad the next time. It's not bad, but I'll stick with the tried and true plug (unless I strip the pan).