Your age when you got your first Z car  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Your age when you got your first Z car

• 16 or below
    • 17-21
    • 22-30
    • 30-40
    • above 40

Holy cow guys, that was 8 or 9 cars ago...

I was 20, I was working at the local Nissan dealership in Hillsboro Oregon and I spotted a '78 280 Z in the wholesale lot that had been traded in.

I had no idea what the cars were and was hooked on the first drive. I sold a Toyota truck to a friend and saved the car from the wholesalers.

Too many years later, and a few in between as some of you know, I have never lost the Z bug.

I have a 10 year old son that is hooked on them as well and that has me a bit scared.... Needless to say it will NOT be his first car.

rtaylor, looking forward to the report!

got my first Z in 1996 when I was 18.

1982 280ZX 2+2

I still have it today and it has been my daily driver for most of those 10 years. It has changed quite a bit including a turbo engine swap. I've owned a few other Z's through the years as well.

I was ready to buy my first Z car at the age of 19 back in the fall of 1989. I had been delivering pizzas for about a year and had made a mental note of where all the good Z cars were in my area.

I had made a contact with one of the owners who had bought her '78 280Z brand new. It was burgandy and looked like the one my father had bought new in 1978. She ended up trading the car in at a local dealer.

By January 1990 I ended up buying a one owner 1983 Datsun 280ZX 2+2 that was gold with a 5 speed and cloth seats and t-tops. It only had 62k on it and it was a garage potato and I kept it for a year and traded it in on an '87 Supra.

By the summer of '91 I had to have another Z car and I haven't been without one ever since. :love:

I was a 30 year old Sergeant in the Army, Ft Eustis VA. The year, was 1988. I needed to replace the piece of crap Chevy I had since coming back from Germany.

I was looking at a late model Civic, they were still boxie then, when my wife beckoned me over to the 260. First thing I said was, wheres the kid supposed to sit in one of those?

That's when she pointed out the back seat...Needless to say, I was sold instantly. Still have it 19 years later and wouldn't dream of letting her go.:knockedou

Bought my first, 79 280Zx , that I still own, at age 34 in june of 1990.

I then looked off and on for a 240Z from about 1991 until 2004, when I bought my 71 Blue on Blue. It was in the classifieds on this website.Drove with my wife in the 79 down to Oregon to pick it up.What a fine day!! :D

"She Who MUST Be Obeyed" spotted my 260Z hidden at the back of a used car yard. It was love at first sight. That was in 2000. I'm 63 now, ... you can do the maths. Paid $3,500 Aus for it. My wife christened it "Precious". I get a real kick out of seeing people do stupid things when staring at "Precious", ... like walking off the footpath,(sidewalk to you lot), into garbage bins and, on one occasion, a WALL. My son has his eye on "Precious" but I've told him I'm going to drive it through the Pearly Gates.

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

bought a broke down 260z in serious need of repair for $300. I quickly sold

that to a friend of mine at cost. He is in the process of tearing it down for restoration. I got lucky kind of and found a 72 240z like 3 weeks after i got the 260z. My wife actually let me go take out a loan to get that one. I spent 2100 for it (texas car, rust proofed by previous owner). The 240z is not running right now because I'm waiting for my z therapy carbs to come in. Once i get it running I'll post some pics.

I was 25 when I bought my first 240-Z in March of 1970. A Silver beauty HLS30 01777. Then bought my Metallic Blue 72 in Dec. of 71, which I still have.

Oh... that last picture was taken at about 125mph in the AZ outbacks.. by my first wife.

FWIW,

Carl B.

post-3609-14150799955599_thumb.jpg

post-3609-14150799956398_thumb.jpg

post-3609-14150799956694_thumb.jpg