IGNORED

280z(automatic) PEEL OUT

anthony280z

Whenever im with a friend they always want me to burn out or floor it..... And when I tried to burn out.... It would not do it. And that was the last time a tried cuz i knew that was wrecking the car... My dumb friends like "Your car only looks fast, but it's slow as hell."

I just looked over at him and said, "Its worth more then your geo... stfu."

Like they said, just revving it up from a stand still isn't going to do much but maybe chirp the tires at all. What these cars make up for is the handling and performance in the twisties.

I have an SU powered L28 that can rost the tires. I've only done it a few times, once cause my girl friend said something about my Z and in not feeling that fast. Well... lets just say she changed her mind. If I rev it up to 4500 RPM's and drop the clutch (manual 5 speed) the tires will spin till they hook, about 3 or 4 seconds. I'm not a big fan of doing that because as its been stated here already, if the tires are spining then the other guy is winning. Not to mention all the dammage it does to the tires and clutch and tranny and diff and anything eles that I can't think of. If you wanna burnout loose the auto tranny.

Just my 2 cents.

Matt-

'02 Pathy has the VQ35 w/ 240 hp and 265 ft.lbs. (and shorter tires)... All I have added is a custom exhaust with a Flowmaster 50 SUV... she'll light 'em up.

The year of the Pathfinder explains it. I have a 2005 Xterra with 6-speed manual and VQ40 - chirping second is a problem with that combo! :smoke: MY 2004 Xterra (3.3L with 5MT) didn't have that problem...

My 75 has a auto and it will not even churp the tires unless they are on sand,ice,snow or a wet road. Maybe going around a corner. Not that I try LOL A auto is pretty much worthless for performance find a 4 or 5 spd.

Also like the others have said doing a nuteral drop will hurt the tranny. A long time ago a buddy and I were on a beer run and he wanted to try to power brake a ford ltd it seem that things were going well until the drive shaft fell out....LOL

The year of the Pathfinder explains it. I have a 2005 Xterra with 6-speed manual and VQ40 - chirping second is a problem with that combo! :smoke: MY 2004 Xterra (3.3L with 5MT) didn't have that problem...

Oops, can't edit this post?

What I meant was chirping 2nd accidentally is a possibility with the '05 (not to mention easy burn outs when not accidental) and almost no chirping/spinning was possible with the '04!

Okay, back to Zs...