IGNORED

280z(automatic) PEEL OUT

anthony280z

Ah, yes, the old power brake method. To perform a really good power brake peelout, you need two things:

1) enough torque.

2) enough money to buy a new transmission.

If you want a car that can do burnouts, a mid 90's mustang would be a better choice-it's got an engine w/enough grunt, and replacement parts are cheap(er) and easy to come by.

Sorry, I'm not picking on you, just being a little cynical. Some cars do better with all out shows of power, and do really well in straight lines.

Other cars show superiority elsewhere, namely in stability and agility. You've got one of the latter, IMO.

But really, if you do too many "neutral drops" (neutral+Gas, drop to drive), you will be needing a new tranny sooner than later, and most likely new motor mounts; and if you continue with the power brake, well, there are many things that can go wrong, especially with such old components.

Ah, yes, the old power brake method. To perform a really good power brake peelout, you need two things:

1) enough torque.

2) enough money to buy a new transmission.

If you want a car that can do burnouts, a mid 90's mustang would be a better choice-it's got an engine w/enough grunt, and replacement parts are cheap(er) and easy to come by.

Sorry, I'm not picking on you, just being a little cynical. Some cars do better with all out shows of power, and do really well in straight lines.

Other cars show superiority elsewhere, namely in stability and agility. You've got one of the latter, IMO.

But really, if you do too many "neutral drops" (neutral+Gas, drop to drive), you will be needing a new tranny sooner than later, and most likely new motor mounts; and if you continue with the power brake, well, there are many things that can go wrong, especially with such old components.

QFT

no need to peel out.... if you really wanna peel out get a different car.....

Everyone else is spot on in their replys. These cars were never intended for standing still and smoking tires, they are more built for twists and turns and pure driving enjoyment. Your car in particular (ie: automatic) really is behind the curve for an all out tire roasting. Don't be fooled by my response, I love a good burnout regardless of how pointless it is, but my Pathfinder even with it's LSD will blacken the pavement like nobody's buisness... much better than my 240.

However, if you feel the need to boil 'em down the easy way is to get more power (turbo, V8, Rebello Stroker), do a manual transmission swap, and be prepared to fix all the things that you are sure to break... oh and please keep the burnouts off the roads.

Neutral Drops are THE absolute best way to destroy a tranny. Well that and running it without fluid.

The short of it is... quit trying before you break something and just enjoy the ride.

Nate :beard:

Does Anyone Know How Can I Make My Automatic 280z Peel Out. I Tried Red Lining At Nutral Then Switching To Drive, But It Seems To Lock.

You don't wan to do that unless you're planning on paying for major tranny repairs. If you want to have some fun, go to an empty wide open parking lot where there's not a whole lot of people around so they don't write your licence plate number down or call the cops. Then punch it and do some dougnuts. While you're doing doughunts, you may be able to pull out of the doughnut by feathering the brake with the gas held at high rpms and come to a stop doing a burnout. Or wet the parking lot down and that'll help. But it's risky doing that kind of stuff with an old car...

Nate, I am curious about this statement: "my Pathfinder even with it's LSD will blacken the pavement like nobody's buisness". Did you install an aftermarket supercharger or just being facetious? :)

The reason I ask is because we have a 2002 Nissan Xterra SE (non-supercharger) and I've been looking into ways to give it a bit more grunt. It already gets lousy gas mileage considering how little power the V-6 produces. I've looked into a few aftermarket supercharger alternatives, but the cost to horsepower ratio was rather.....pathetic.

Nate, I am curious about this statement: "my Pathfinder even with it's LSD will blacken the pavement like nobody's buisness". Did you install an aftermarket supercharger or just being facetious? :)

The reason I ask is because we have a 2002 Nissan Xterra SE (non-supercharger) and I've been looking into ways to give it a bit more grunt. It already gets lousy gas mileage considering how little power the V-6 produces. I've looked into a few aftermarket supercharger alternatives, but the cost to horsepower ratio was rather.....pathetic.

'02 Xterra has the VG33 w/ 170hp and 200 ft.lbs.

'02 Pathy has the VQ35 w/ 240 hp and 265 ft.lbs. (and shorter tires)... All I have added is a custom exhaust with a Flowmaster 50 SUV... she'll light 'em up.

I had a Frontier with the 3.3. The VG is an awesome motor but you are correct, it's a bit gutless and there isn't much out there for aftermarket support and what is available (cams and such) aren't cost effective.

Nate:beard:

you guys just saved me some money, i dont whant to distroy my tranny. your right this feels better whiles turning with power to the wheels.

absolutely! z's are fun in their own territory. that's not always doing burnouts, etc. while the guy in his camaro is sitting doing burnouts you're already 1/4 mile ahead of him carving canyons!