IGNORED

2007 Z Car Convention in Daytona

kjones

Hi Ken, why is there only 100 spots for the car show? Is it due to space constraints. Or is it 100 spots for the ZCCA judging and then there will be a seperate section for people's choice. With Florida having a large number of Z's, I would think that 100 spots will fill quickly. And that doesn't include the close proximity of the Georgia and North Carolina Clubs that should show up in good numbers. Just courious.

I will give you a call to talk about the convention later this week.

Hey Art!

The Judged portion has a limitation but the Peoples Choice Car show is unlimited. As with most conventions it just comes down to how much time it takes to judge large numbers of cars. I suppose if we get overwhelmed with requests to increase the number we could look at recruiting more judges and try to figure something out, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Hope all is well!!

That's funny! From "October? I don't plan anything that far ahead" to "He's coming..." is quite a jump. I'll give it a definate maybe because I would love to run a car at Daytona and Sebring.

John... I "willed" you to be there LOL

You are on my list as "Must attend no if ands or butts"

:laugh:

We'll have a car for you to run in, no worries there... I owe you from last time you were here.

Bring yours too! I'd like to see how ya do in the FZA Challenge with it!

Just a quick update...

There are already 38 spots taken in the judged ZCCA car show (Peoples Choice is unlimited). This is capped at 100 cars

There are already 40 spots taken in the lapping this is capped at 80 cars (50% full already!!!)

The autoX is also filling up very fast (don't have the final counts yet)

We had 75 registrations last week! I wonder if that is a record?!

The point is, please register early to guarantee your spot and also take advantage of the early bird discounts!

Ken

That is correct...

It was done to allow people who wanted to split up their days to make it easier...

If you want to do the lapping and autox on the same day that is allowed and will be accomodated...

If you're not in the judged show you might want to do autox A...

We're flexible! :)

Am I reading the website wrong or can I not do autocross, track and car show?

It looks like you cannot do all three?

Hey... you can do all three... Do the Car show, then the following day you can autox and do the lapping... We have it worked out where you will be able to do both that day.

Also, Sebring lapping is available on the following Saturday (10/6). Registration with the host organization for Sebring hot laps will be open in February... We will announce it as soon as it is open