IGNORED

2007 Z Car Convention in Daytona

kjones

Hey all!

Please register and help pass the word!

Registration for the 20th Annual Z Car Convention is now open!

General info is in a number of places on our website which is here: http://flza.com

Registration is here: http://www.flza.com/registration/index.php

Spots are already filling up fast!!!

Feel free to post any questions either on this thread for anything convention related or in our forums as well..

Ken

This is sure to be the MAC DADDY convention of all times! The Florida group has thought of everything. And Daytona International Motor Speedway as the host location.

Cars in the track, on the track, and on the "World Famous" Daytona drive on beach. Plus a chance to get on the "World Famous" Sebring 12 hour track .

Plan some extra time to visit, Disney World, Universal Studios, and Busch Gardens.

I have friends driving in from as far away as San Francisco for this show. I think that this will be a once in a lifetime opportunity. There's no reason why we can't get thousands of Z cars for this one. Wouldn't a caravan to Key West be cool!

This will be the Place to be the first week of October 2007!

Let's re-name " Daytona International Motor Speedway", "Z MECCA" for a week.

I'M IN!!

There are some optional days after the convention at Sebring as well! If you need to schedule around the wedding there's plenty of stuff going on!!!

I'd like to personally thank everyone for the EARLY and ENTHUSIASTIC support!! WOW! For a little while earlier we were getting 1 registration a minute!

I think in the first hour we got up to 30 registrations!

THANK YOU!!! Keep it coming!!!

Ken

As an interested party who wants to drive his race car at both Sebring and Daytona. I am looking for other individuals interested in sharing the cost of a transport truck to pull cars across the country and back. From Southern California for this event.

This would be an opportunity to have your car hauled across the country in an enclosed, insured hauler for the show or the two race days involved with the National convention.

To the Moderators and organizers, is there a chance that Nissan will provide some form of transport for cars coming over from Japan? Is there a group of Japanese cars coming over this year to the convention? If so how does Nissan plan to move these cars across the country?

Next, Since we are talking about a Semi truck, this would be perfect advertising for this event. A semi with your Banner would be parked in a location for the duration of this event in a conspicuous location with lots of interesting cars loaded in and out of it.

If you are interested please contact me,

Ron Carter

Great Idea! I know that Newman Transport, a Florida based company. Specializes in transporting back and forth to the west coast. I shipped my car back from the MSA show last year, and they were perfect!!

They have several trucks running back and forth every week. Perhaps they could be a sponsor and offer a discounted rate perticularly if the cars were assembled at a mutually agreed upon location, as opposed to door to door.

Just a thought. Great Idea!

Ron,

THANKS for coordinating this! I am already starting to get inquiries about things of this nature... (I posted this same response at flza.com)

I was just speaking with John Coffey about coming to the convention... He's coming... I didn't ask him about transporting his car, but I think it would be worth contacting him... his contact info is listed on his website at http://www.betamotorsports.com Mention my name when ya speak to him.

Also, please keep me posted on how you're doing with this and I will definetly send people your way who request transport from the west coast.

As far as how Nissan is transporting their cars, we are still waiting for some of the details so at this point we don't know. As more information becomes available we will post it.

THANKS!

Ken Jones

I'd love to come to this but my daughter's wedding is on Oct. 6th......

No Problem - you have plenty of time to move the Wediding.

Or worse case - you fly direct from Orlando the day of the Wedding, then return the same day. That would assure that you would be out of the way..

We all know that Fathers of the Bride are always in the way...:-)

FWIW,

Carl