IGNORED

What 240Z Design elements would you like to see in the new Z?

hls30.com

What 240Z Design elements would you like to see in the new Z?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. What 240Z Design elements would you like to see in the new Z?

• The long hood line
    • The rake of the front and rear windows.
    • The rear quarter treatment.
    • chrome in the same places
    • Similar shaped and placed emblems
    • Similar lighting shape and placement
    • A fully developed L6 driveline that would drop right in an S30!
    • A spartan interior with similar major components placed as in the S30.
    • The useable hatch area
    • Sugar scoops
    • Charcoal metalic grill, wheels and tail light fascia.
    • A red dot rearview mirror!
    • The heater control panel
    • The steering wheel
    • A Henry Ford colored dash(any color you want as long as it's black!)

Then try hiring the Mustang designer to give it a shot at updating the good looks of the 240Z. He cleaned up the old design while keeping to its core soul. QUOTE]

Maybe they should have hired the Toyota designers. Here are some prototype shots of the Lexus LF-A, which seems to be a continuation/update of the 2000gt.

post-11908-14150799002289_thumb.jpg

post-11908-14150799002389_thumb.jpg

post-11908-14150799002557_thumb.jpg

post-11908-14150799002715_thumb.jpg

post-11908-14150799002886_thumb.jpg

I'm having an Orgasim.......over that 2000GT.

Now that is fantastic. I love those long sleek lines. Reminds me of a cross between the older Jags and the 240Z with the GNose. Now if Nissan could do something like that and smooth out the front and back end designs a little....they would really be onto something.

just take the old 240z and whack all the new $^!# in i say..............i'll send my 260z 2=2 to nissan if they offer....i'll want it back tho.....wid AWD and rwd option super charger or turbo and N/A option fully optional inside same shell with aero work done to make it less of a drift car

and keep nissmo away from it......we don't need polished turbos and shine half sized intercoolers and crappy brakes handling i think nissan should skip porche and go to italy for idea , make it a semi kit car for the boy racer

Just looked at the New Z page by Carl. Wow! What a bummer that they didn't use Carl's idea(s). Very nice! Wouldn't it be nice if some other small country made the old Z's. (Like Mexico and the old VW) At least we could have lots of parts this way. (Hencho 'en Mexico)

Seriously, there are lots of Japanese in South America who would probably love to latch onto one of these old icons.

This is what we told Nissan in 98...

<a href=http://zhome.com/OurZ/NewZ.htm TARGET=NEW>Our New Z </a>

Scrol down and follow links to the following pages.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Carl, the proposition you put together for the new Z is truly magnificent, I wish it had been adopted and allowed to come to fruition.

Now, take a look at this-produced from 1998-2000, the BMW z1. Imagine it with sugar scoops, and a hatch. Additionally, it's got the inline 6, and front hinged hood. Apparently the production quality of these was rather poor, and they were overpriced and underpowered, but the lines are pretty nice and the intention was right, IMO.

So, both BMW and Toyota have felt that the traditional sports coupe design is viable, perhaps when the refresh of the next 350 happens, the design heads will take a chance. Maybe they should be reintroduced to Carl's design package.

post-11908-14150799006217_thumb.jpg

post-11908-14150799006359_thumb.jpg

post-11908-14150799006448_thumb.jpg

post-11908-14150799006574_thumb.jpg

post-11908-14150799006777_thumb.jpg

Carl, the proposition you put together for the new Z is truly magnificent, I wish it had been adopted and allowed to come to fruition.

Now, take a look at this-produced from 1998-2000, the BMW z1. Imagine it with sugar scoops, and a hatch. Additionally, it's got the inline 6, and front hinged hood. Apparently the production quality of these was rather poor, and they were overpriced and underpowered, but the lines are pretty nice and the intention was right, IMO.

So, both BMW and Toyota have felt that the traditional sports coupe design is viable, perhaps when the refresh of the next 350 happens, the design heads will take a chance. Maybe they should be reintroduced to Carl's design package.

The z1 reminds me more of first gen rx7 than a Z. I also agree that Carl's recommendation would be a major hit, but I don't think it will ever happen.:cry:

Hi Guys:

Thanks for the kind words... I was simply trying to get Nissan to think once again of their end Customers. Build the car we wanted to buy, rather than the one they wanted to sell.

It was too bad that Nissan simply was not in a position at that point in time to either think "out of the box", or take on the R& D for something completely new. It's hard to argue that they didn't make the right decisions, given the successful turn-around that followed.. Still there is a large gap between surviving and flourishing. For now at least the "Z" has survived.... maybe next time they will take the risk to flourish...

I don't want to see a new version of my 240Z. My feeling is, do you want something anyone can have or do you want something that will take some effort to get and hang on to.

Why be limited to one or the other? After 36 years, I was ready for a new Z, but that didn't mean I would ever give up my 240-Z.

We weren't asking for a new version of the 240-Z, but rather a new incarnation of the original spirit of the Z Car. Beautifully styled in the curving sensuality of a more classic form. A lightweight Sports/GT that offered loads of Customer Value, as well as some practical utility. A Z Car that was once again would actually establish a paradigm in the enthusiasts market.

FWIW,

Carl

Thanks... we can keep wishing for now...

The BMW Z1 was really a trail forerunner to BMW's later efforts at re-establishing their Sports Car image. The Z 07 and Z8 that followed later, was in my opinion one of the most beautiful cars BMW ever produced.

If I won the lotto... the Z8 would be at the top of my list...Although I'd rather have it with the in-line 6.

FWIW,

Carl B.

post-3609-14150799007479_thumb.jpg

post-3609-14150799007752_thumb.jpg

I agree Carl, The Z8 is a stunning car. Unfortunately, it also has a stunning price tag. It would be near the top of my lotto wish list as well.

As I understand, the Z1 was originally meant to be an affordable sports car(hence the "1" nomenclature) that sported the newest technologies and innovations, something that Nissan did with the Z line. However, BMW farmed out the production of the car, and the price of manufacture shot out of control.

I think Nissan could bring back the true essence of the Z and the "Datsun" nameplate. Toyota has the Scion brand to offer an entry level product, Nissan could bring back the Datsun nameplate for its lower price product offering and use this brand to bring back a simplier, exciting sports car with true Zness. The advantage of the Datsun nameplate is that it would be a instantly recognizable brand (For those who can remember pre-1984)with a large base of customers rather than trying to get a new named brand successful.

Ain't gonna happen. Especially if you understand the reason for the use of the Datsun name in the frist place. The average public, which is who auto manufacturers aim for, generally have no clue when you say 'Datsun'. I am a Datsun fan, but not a Nissan fan. As far as I'm concerned, Nissan might as well be Ford, GM or Toyota. Oh wait, Toyota, Ford and GM actually support their older cars so that's not really a fair statement