IGNORED

What 240Z Design elements would you like to see in the new Z?

hls30.com

What 240Z Design elements would you like to see in the new Z?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. What 240Z Design elements would you like to see in the new Z?

• The long hood line
    • The rake of the front and rear windows.
    • The rear quarter treatment.
    • chrome in the same places
    • Similar shaped and placed emblems
    • Similar lighting shape and placement
    • A fully developed L6 driveline that would drop right in an S30!
    • A spartan interior with similar major components placed as in the S30.
    • The useable hatch area
    • Sugar scoops
    • Charcoal metalic grill, wheels and tail light fascia.
    • A red dot rearview mirror!
    • The heater control panel
    • The steering wheel
    • A Henry Ford colored dash(any color you want as long as it's black!)

I know this is something Nissan will treat with a Japanese inspection(if they even notice this poll) but if you were the head honcho of the new Z project and were talking to the groups handling the project, what would you tell them they had to take from the 240Z and make it work in the new Z? Anything goes as long as you can support it and explain why it should be there-don't limit answers to sheetmetal features!

You can pick as many as you like!

To start with, I'd want the designers to think about the fun/cost ratio. The original Z line (stopping at my ZX) all had the price right. Fair quality, fair to excellent handling dynamics, and favorable MPG, tucked into a usable, stunning package.

Mazda got the formula right with the mx-5 miata, and GM hit pretty close with the Solstice/Sky.

So far as design traits, I am tired of the whole "Cab Forward" design. Give us the long bonnett, let us sit closer to the rear axle than the middle of the floor pan, and for goodness sake, don't even think about a 2+2 model. Sports Cars Are For Two People Only! (Otherwise, it's a sport sedan, damnit)

Do not offer 6 different trim levels.

Infiniti can sell a decked out version (with a decked out price), but Nissan should sell a bare bones performer at a reasonable price.

One last thing (for now) Give it a STRAIGHT SIX, and get BRE involved with some aftermarket items or modification, like BMW did with John Cooper.

Doing so would show respect to the originals, a respect for history.

Gosh Will you really put us on the spot with this question. LOL

I would start with a nice chasse. It would weigh close to nothing like the 240Z does but be wider like the 90’s 300ZX. It would have disks on all 4’s. 16” tires that are 255 all the way around. All the suspension would be made of light weight super strong titanium. It would have ATTESA ETS all wheel drive and the HICAS 4 wheel steering. The engine well that’s not to hard I would put the RB26DETT under the hood. :laugh: When it comes to the inside She would get all the whistles and gadgets along with a nice leather package. It would resemble the older 240Z but still have the modern feel. Digital gauges, power seats, climate controlled interior ect. Last but not least it would have a nice 6 speed transmission to help out the RB26.

Engine, Transmission, Drivetrain:

Inline six, three liters

DOHC, four or five valve

Direct injection or individual throttle bodies

Turbo option

Six speed manual

Rear wheel drive (duh)

17 x 8 or 9 inch wheels

Brakes:

Four-wheel discs

Four or six piston calipers front, four piston calipers rear

Suspension:

Dual a-arms front and rear

Coil overs

Tuned sway bars

Interior:

I am somewhat partial to the original gauge placement

Sport seats (Recaro maybe?)

A working heater & A/C system

Decent stereo (nothing over the top)

Exterior:

Very similar body style to the S30 with tweaked aero and elimination of the fuel smell inside

Subtle fender flares, but nothing too Porsche-like

Maybe a base version, Nismo version, and Fairlady version?

Oh wait, you wanted features from the 240Z. Hmm....

Ok, those of you who posted before the poll was up, go vote!

Keep posting what you would like to see in the car, and more importantly what would make it a goal to own one.

One of the things I would like to see carried over is the ease of working on(sans the spindle pins)!

Will

Well here we go again ! LOL For starters , dump the blunt stupid front end. Lower the profile of he car at the Firewall area and with a more angular sloping hood more like the 240z . Look at the Honda 2000 , and the RX8 , The Jag roadster has a similar look . the '' gumby '' look just doesnt do it. I prefer the in-line 6 my self, but if has to go , which I don't think it does. Give us a engine that has some balls . That doesn't need to spin to 6 or 8K to make power . We don't need power windows or door locks , a 6 speed instead , and a rear hatch area that is usable. Of course the modern up to date brakes and lighting . Air Cond. is a possibility but not a necessity. As to a radio have it as a option . Power steering is not that important either , but is OK . If the in-line 6 was to be used , how about duel over head cams and a flow though Hemi type head with multi valves. As long as we are wishing . I would really like to see the car NOT looking like a custom VW bug as it does now. Build a real sports car or abandon the whole program and build sedans and trucks . Mitsubishi , or Honda have designers that will fill the bill , at least I hope . LOL Gary :classic: